ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My washing/detailing.. Is this right? +Questions!

Okay as title, is this the correct way to wash/detail?

Also a few questions at the bottom!

Pretty new to this so hopefully I'm right and learnt from reading off here and other detailing forums!

So here's how I would wash/detail in order.

1. Jet wash: loosen up the dirt, wheels etc.

2. Wheels: iron X.

3. Snow Foam: remove more loosened up dirt including wheels with wheel brush & using a detailing brush for inbetween badges etc.

4: Iron X car, Bug shifter, Tar remover

6. Clay: using clay lube etc.

7. Wash: remove all dirt etc from car with wash mitt including wheels using quality shampoo.

-Dry with microfibre towel-

8. Glaze: black hole (BG182) buff off.

9. Sealant: poorboys EX-P, leave for 30 mins. Buff off.

10. Wax: chemical guys wet butter wax, panel at a time, buff off.

11. Wheels: protectant wheel sealant.

12. Hydr02: quick "wax on wax off" mist of this to add water resistant effect to paint.

?

Questions:

1: I've read a process like all of the above is a once maybe twice a year thing to do..

Where do I pick up from again after the car gets dirty? as I can't repeat this whole process every other week.

Would it just be:
Wash, rinse, glaze, sealant, wax, hydro?

2: with a black car, it gets dirty or at least shows imperfections every 24 hours.

I have a few quick detailers, do I water down the car first to loosen up dust/dirt then use? Dust mitt all the crud off then use? Or simply use to clean?

3: How long does the process last for? I've done all of the above for then it to heavily rain 3 days later and then the aftermath to look like I've been off-roading all weekend when In reality it was just parked up.

Is the wax/glaze etc still underneath the dirt or has it all rained away?
Same again with a jet wash, if I jet wash said dirt off, will that also blast away all the glaze,sealant and wax I've put many man hours into putting there or?

Thanks for any help!
I realise this is probably just another noob with the same questions with the same thread over and over but I'd like to think I'm 80-90% there with knowing what to do. Just a few unsure questions needing answers and verification of my process! :)

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Your wash and decon process are the wrong way round. Im off out now, but zim sure someone will re-order and give you a few pointers. If not I'll have another butch when Im back.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I've jumbled your process up a bit to show you how I do it

Okay as title, is this the correct way to wash/detail?

Also a few questions at the bottom!

Pretty new to this so hopefully I'm right and learnt from reading off here and other detailing forums!

So here's how I would wash/detail in order.

1. Jet wash: loosen up the dirt, wheels etc.

3. Snow Foam: remove more loosened up dirt including wheels with wheel brush & using a detailing brush for inbetween badges etc.

. Wash

4: Wheels and car: Bug shifter, Tar remover

.rinse

4: Wheels and car:iron x

.wash

6. Clay: using clay lube etc.

7. Rinse/ mist with a quick detailer as a drying aid

-Dry with microfibre towel-

*if you've touched the car, I.e. Used clay, I'd recommend even a mild polish to remove any marring you've caused*

8. Glaze: black hole (BG182) buff off.

9. Sealant: poorboys EX-P, leave for 30 mins. Buff off.

10. Wax: chemical guys wet butter wax, panel at a time, buff off.

11. Wheels: protectant wheel sealant.

12. Hydr02: quick "wax on wax off" mist of this to add water resistant effect to paint. *this is unnecessary tbh if you've sealed, but it doesn't hurt anything

?

Questions:

1: I've read a process like all of the above is a once maybe twice a year thing to do..

Yup, after a 'big clean' you just keep on top of it with maintenance washes

Where do I pick up from again after the car gets dirty? as I can't repeat this whole process every other week.

Contactless/minimum contact washes; snow foam, citrus pre wash etc, jet wash and quick detailer

Would it just be:
Wash, rinse, glaze, sealant, wax, hydro?

No glaze or LSP, try not to touch the car.

2: with a black car, it gets dirty or at least shows imperfections every 24 hours.

I have a few quick detailers, do I water down the car first to loosen up dust/dirt then use? Dust mitt all the crud off then use? Or simply use to clean?

Snow foam/citrus pre wash, then rinse, it should r ove most of the crap, then qd/spray LSP to protect if need be

3: How long does the process last for? I've done all of the above for then it to heavily rain 3 days later and then the aftermath to look like I've been off-roading all weekend when In reality it was just parked up.

It's a piece of string question really, it all depends on your prep and lsp

Is the wax/glaze etc still underneath the dirt or has it all rained away?

If it's a decent LSP, then it'll be under the dirt.

At CSS this year, my car got filthy, but because I did a decontamination and protection, when it rained very heavily, it cleaned my car :smiley:

Same again with a jet wash, if I jet wash said dirt off, will that also blast away all the glaze,sealant and wax I've put many man hours into putting there or?

Nope :smile: as long as you don't have it set silly powerful

Thanks for any help!
I realise this is probably just another noob with the same questions with the same thread over and over but I'd like to think I'm 80-90% there with knowing what to do. Just a few unsure questions needing answers and verification of my process! :)

Any more questions, don't hesitate to ask, everybody needs help at one point or another[/QUOTE]

Last edited: