ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changed radiator no air con now?

clio 172 phase 2
Changed my radiator today all went well but now i have no aircon it just blows hot ! Had it regasses before this happened and was ice cold ? Any ideas

clio 172 phase 2
No mate had it gassed before the rad started leaking was all good then.

I left my original condensor in place and just changed the rad . And put my fan onto new rad . Is the aircon sensor the little plug above top rad hose?

clio 172 phase 2
Come to think of it when i was removing the bolts from condensor that bolt to rad one of the backets sheered of causing the bottom of the condensor to dent :/ my guess its damaged and leaked all the gas

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
The condensers split pretty easy.

Following steps: (for the 100th time)

Take to kwick fit, they have a no fill, no charge, system going on.

Kwick fit try to fill it up.

First off, the system is vac'd. Then, a pressure test. If it passes the pressure test it can be filled and you'll be sorted.

If the car fails the pressure test (which it should), then they will run dye through it and identify which element is at fault. Leave without paying a penny as you don't want to pay them to do the work.

Once they've identified this element, go to Cliospares, buy a replacement, fit it yourself, go back, and pay to have it filled.