ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changed thermostat, now intermittent heaters?

Hi peeps I've changed the thermostat in my car and it all bled up well etc. Used it for work this morning and heaters best they've been since I've owned it.

Finished work and on the way home couldn't get the heaters warm but the car didn't overheat or go past halfway on the temperature gauge. Any ideas? Thanks

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
What engine mate? It could have been an air pocket, sometimes they appear to be fine and then it'll burp a big bubble up

What's the coolant level like too?

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Did you bleed it from the bolt on the thermostat?

Just to update this, heaters work fine now however if you choose to have them off completely from cold then say activate them when the engine is warmer the blowers still blow cold. Everything else works fine so wondering is there some sort of valve controlling this part of it that's perhaps faulty?

Are you sure that isn't the climate control cog causing that? When there is air pressure on it while driving it can slip and fail to change the blowers intake position