ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changeing the front lights!

Israeli 172 ph1
Changeing the Headlights!

i just got a new Headlights units and i need to change the passenger side and i dont know how to get to the 2 lower bolts! Do i need to remove the entire bloody bumper?! :mad:

Last edited:
  Clio 182
yea you do! but just the side your changing the light unit on! jus use a flat headed screw driver, where the bumper meets the wing, and slowly prise off the bumper, you'll see the two remaindin bolts underneith! i've used double-sided tape to hold it back on again! hope that helps?!

Israeli 172 ph1
damn... i hoped for a easy solution...
you sure by this way i wont break any clips or something?

Clio 182
so did i! foned up k-tec and that is the only way accordin to them, there is a clip fin of some sort ther, gently prise the bumper off n it will b fine! u will notice that the bumper has come off, that is why i used double sided tape to hold it back together agen! duno wether there is another way of gettin to bolts, just going on wot k-tec said!

Leon Cupra R 225
Even changing the bulbs on a mk2 on the passenger side is f*****g hard work!! jus for osrams but worth it once fitted

Da

Less
on mine, which is a mk2 ph2 you remove the wheel arch liner to gain access to the bolt holding the bumper on. The fixings are similar so not sure about 'prising it off' I'd much rather undo the bolts ;)

Clio 182
mines a mkII phI, so wudnt no bout wheel arch liners?! spect it will be same tho, or very similar! on the phI, isn't the front bumper is attached to the wing i finks, will that not make a difference?!

Monaco Blue Mk2
Ph2 an Ph1 are very similar, Ph1 does have arch liners so don't know what you mean there, the bumper certainly doesn't 'prise' off as far as I am aware.

Da

Less
yep the bumper attaches to the front wing on the inside of the wheel arch liner. Trust me mate, they do have em on Ph1's ;) If you prise it off, as you found, the clip will be removed from the bumper and you'll have to stick it back together! :)

Clio 182
i do trust you, just didnt no if the phI was the same as a phII?! thats wot i did neway, it looks as standard and leaves no marks?! probably is the bodge way of doin it, but it does wrk! just take your time, like most things!

Israeli 172 ph1
ok thanks everybody! i look behind the arch to see if there are any bolts, if there are i will remove any bolt i can see and then we will see how to remove it so i cant change the bloody headlight.