ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing 172 Xenon's To Standard Headlights

Monaco Blue 172
Can anyone tell me 100% if it is just plug & play to swap from 172 xenon's to the standard headlight units as found on Cup's or 1.2's etc? I'd rather not do it if there is any complicated wiring.
My xenon's are permanently clouded up on the inside (not condensation) so I have no way of repairing them. The outside of the lamps are in good condition.
I cannot find any second hand items without a drive to the other end of the country and the 2 sets I have ordered from breakers have been damaged in the post.
The standard items are very good value and readily available which is why I am considering them.
Any help & advice appreciated.

Commie VID

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise 111S, Model 3
I would have thought so.
The Clio we got had a set of headlights in the boot. I believe they are different beam angles for jaunts into Europe, and didn't look like Xenons, so presumably they plugged all in the same place, one for the lights and one for the angle motor?

Monaco Blue 172
Sorry to revive this old post.
Can anyone advise me what to do with regards to leveling the headlights.
Obviously the xenons are auto adjusting but this won't work on the cup/poverty spec headlights that I plan to fit so how would I get around this.
Would they just be non adjustable?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to revive this old post.
Can anyone advise me what to do with regards to leveling the headlights.
Obviously the xenons are auto adjusting but this won't work on the cup/poverty spec headlights that I plan to fit so how would I get around this.
Would they just be non adjustable?

The xenons aren't self leveling, they self dip if the boot is heavily loaded. On the xenons there's a white adjuster on the motor which is mounted in the middle of the unit which is used to set the height level. There will probably be a similar adjuster on the halogen units.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
If your new light units don't come with the adjuster you can just pull the existing ones out of your current units and fit those.