ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changing 182 front indicator bulbs

MK5 R32
im changing the standard indicator bulbs to silvervisions, in my 182 how easy are they to change? just had a quick look but it was dark, do i have to take the light unit off?

no, there very easy, just pop the bonnet open and the bulb holder twists and then can be pulled out, takes 2secs!

Bux

Golf GTD
I'm sure it's the same as my 1.2, and it's pretty easy, i did mine recently. They holder twists until it is vertical then it can be taken out. Changing the bulb is easy, then you just have to put back in and twist it back into place

Has anyone tried the cheaper way to silvervision bulbs by spray painting a thin coating of silver paint on the bulb? :clown: it works and is something I've done to previous BMWs I've had. One light coat takes away most of the orange tinge without affecting light output (or the orangeyness of it).

09 GIXXER 750!!!

Lou

Defo an advantage having small hands, mine are quite small but still managed to cut myself a few times!!

MK5 R32
all fitted within 20 minutes this morning :) although i didnt manage to snap part of the plastic caseing near the battery and a small bit of plasic fell into my engine that i carnt find :S hope that wont cause any problems!