ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing Cabasse 6 CD Head Unit

Hi all,

I've just picked up my newtome 197 which has got the 6CD cabasse stereo, but I'd like to change the head unit to be a kenwood DAB unit, however before I start pulling things out does anyone know:

1. Is the cabasse 6cd head unit normal size? Or do I need to pull off the entire console to get at it?

2. Will the steering controlls work a kenwood headunit,if not can I get a converter?

I've done lots of searching on the forums and cant find the answer i need, thanks in advance for any help!

Will

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
1, Yes, normal size.

2, Unlikely, you need to contact kenwood.

Great, thanks for the quick suppy!

That must be one tight headunit to fit in 6CD's all into that space!

Cheers

Will

Hiya, I've just looked into this more and it seems that on the 6CD unit the 'head unit' is actually just a control unit with the cd changer, the actual stereo is located under the passenger seat, hence the lack of ISO connectors in behind the 'head unit'. Im going to have a poke around, but has anyone managed to put in a normal head unit?

Clio III - S 1.5dci
To use the steering controls with an aftermarket stereo you'll need one of these:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/2965...e9bcbeb534bc3c

and

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/inca...e9bcbeb534bc3c

^ Above one is a Kenwood

First link is the vehicle interface, the other makes the headunit work with your car
What year is your car? becasue is it's 56 and on, I was told those leads would not work!!

I have got some from DVBcaraudio for £45 - Works a treat so far, but you need to pull the Top POD (LCD display holder) off to connect the stalk controls!

4 spring clips and lots of force!

Last edited:
Hiya

Ive got a 197 but with the upgraded cabasse auditorium sound system, i think thats whats causing the issue.

Ive just had a look and the main headunit/amp is actually under the drivers seat, it seems that all of the normal ISO connectors are based there