ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changing clutch on 1.6 16v rsi

2001 Clio 1.6 RSI,
right need to get hads dirty at weekend and change the clutch on my car, just afer any tips or advice on this i ve done clutches before just not on a clio thanks,

also recommend a good clutch to use / where to buy i normaly use euro or gsf

BMW M135i
ECP will be fine just make sure its a valeo clutch the usual pattern suspects just aren't in the same league. Other than that it's standard affair, assuming the subframe captive nut cages don't break (which they probably will).

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
changed my clutch ,gearbox and flywheel few weeks back. i took the engine out as was also doing the cambelt,aux kit and cams ect.
was easier.

if your cambelts due would be easier to do it at the same time.

2001 Clio 1.6 RSI,
cam belt was done not long before i bought the car, how long would you say to change the clutch ? dont have big ramps just axle stands n jacks lol and a floor

2001 Clio 1.6 RSI,
if any ones free on saturday and around chesterfield feel free to come lend a hand, be good to meet some people in the club once i get it running and a couple of nice little mods i been coming to meets etc. can pay in chip butties tea coffee maybe even a beer :)

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
around 6 hours at a guess. i would go for a valeo clutch kit from eurocarparts £109.20 use code spring20 and its £87.36 delivered/collected.