ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changing folder backgrounds

Fiat Panda 100hp
Iv had the software from win89 for years that allows you to change the background in folders in XP, can also do this by editing the Desktop.ini.

But does anyone know how I can change it so that I have the same background for every folder?

rob will proberly know this lol

Conteo said:
Iv had the software from win89 for years that allows you to change the background in folders in XP, can also do this by editing the Desktop.ini.

But does anyone know how I can change it so that I have the same background for every folder?

rob will proberly know this lol

The only way the I know of changing folder back grounds is 'Desktop.ini'
But you could try this
http://www.sodabush.com/products/windowpaperxp/downloads.php

geek said:
For Desktop.ini ( just copy it into every folder lol )
Step 1- Open up notepad, the native text editor in Windows. Type in the exact line below:

[{BE098140-A513-11D0-A3A4-00C04FD706EC}]

Note: The above line contains only zeroes and not the alphabet O.

Specify the picture to use: Now, in the next line we will specify the picture that we want to use as the background for the folder. We will do this by typing the following line:

iconarea_image=C:\My Pictures\picture.bmp

Let me elaborate the above-mentioned process. The image to be used as the folder background is specified through iconarea_image. So you can type in the exact path to any image of your liking after the “=” sign as shown above.

Step 2- Now we will save the contents in a file called desktop.ini in the folder that we are customizing (in this case the folder is C:\myfolder). From the File>Save option save the file as desktop.ini and put the file name in double quotes as shown in the picture below to maintain the .ini extension

Step 3- Now we will have to give the folder system attribute. This can be done very easily through the command prompt. Open up the command prompt through Start>All programs>Accessories>command prompt. Type the following and press enter (remember we are using myfolder as an example, so the path name may vary accordingly for you) :

Attrib +s “C:\myfolder”

Additionally you can hide the desktop.ini file.

That’s it, done !! The folder will now display the picture of your choice in the background.
smile.gif

Last edited: