ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changing front end

alright guys,

ive been offered a phase 2 rsi, front bumper, 2 front wings, front lights and bonnet - what i need to know is, will these all fit onto a phase3??

J

seems a bit drastic?

If I was doing that, Id be inclined to go for all 16v stuff, but, I dunno if itll fit.

Arnt the light mountings different on a Phase3?

it is a little drastic but i wanted the flared arches - also the lights and bonnet on a phase 3 are more rounded and i prefer the square look so i would need the bonnet and lights for that so i might aswell go for the bumper aswell?

do u think it would fit? ive been offered all the bits for around £100?? what u think?

J

Mk2 Golf GTI

im sure a lad on RSC swapped these over and it was a straight swap from ph3 to ph2 parts. He said the light mountings were the same

so for £100 quid its worth me getting it all, even if the wings are flared, atleast then i can mess around with them to see if theres anway of flaring them but the bonnet, lights and bumper should be a straight swap then?

J

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

everything should fit.the only trouble i could see would be the headlights due to the phase 2 and 3 front panels are probably slightly different.im sure there is a way round it though.you can get a phase 3 rsi.maybe try and find one of them due to your going to make your car look like a older model using phase 2 parts.the only real difference on a rsi is the front bumper anyway.

You can make an arch flaring tool yourself from an old scissor jack and a little work. (mounting plate to mount to hub, nylon roller, a little welding and bashing, hey presto)

You may well still need to get the wings repainted, (watched a friend do it on a mk2 golf, so a little sealant and put the arches back on.

im not too bothered about making it look ike an older model because i prefer the squarer front - im picking up the bonnet,lights and bumper so they can go straigt on and then see if i can get the arches flared, atleast if it goes wrong i can keep the original arches on!

I just need to know for definate that the bonnet, lights and front bumper will fit straight on? has anyone done anything similar?

J