ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changing fuel filter

Should you depressurise the fuel system on a 16v before removing the fuel filter? It doesnt seem to mention it in the haynes.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Did mine myself as place that supposed to service mine left the original one on there at 42k and I found this nearer 70k. Just find something to stuff in both fuel hoses that connect to it and unclip the filter from teh plastic restrainer noting that it will be full of fuel too.

Probably worth doing often like any filter.

yes depressurise! i use allen keys to stick in the end when they come out, there is no was of avoiding some spillage though, but you can use the protective rubber caps on new filters to plug each end of the filter as you undo it to prevent extra leakage. oh and you can buy a pipe clamp from any factors relatively cheaply, good for brake hoses too.

When you take it off a little fuel will spurt out under pressure, but nothing major, but taking the filer out will leak fuel all over the shop as its full to the brim.

Just take car and youll be fine.....eyes covered.