ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changing gears, high revving?

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
sometimes when i change my gears, even starting in first it revvs to f**k.
it doesnt seem to go from the usual low to high pitch. it just starts at high and the car doesnt move as it does normally.

is this something to do with the gears not catching or anything?

i really have no idea.

mk1 clio N reg.

MK1 Clio 16v
As above, clutch!

Get it replaced.

Should be fairly cheap on a 1.2. It's an absolute nightmare on the valver/williams clios.

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
how much would this be you rekon to change the clutch?

i was thinking for getting a 1.4 rt in a couple of months anyway... so depending on price i might jus wait

1.4rt are good cars, but i would say that coz i have 1, and you can pick them up really cheap!!iv driven my mates 1.2 of the same age, and i felt their was a massive difference, much prefered the 1.4!:D

**sorry dont know about the clutch

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
i want an RT!!! lol

what sort of price range am i looking at though for a decent one with not really any work needing done u think?

lol...well i got mine, a 1997 p reg, 51000miles, 12months mot, n 6months tax all for £1000!which i thought was a bargain!!nothing major has gone wrong, no real problems n there pretty nippy 2 for a 1.4!jus got 2 look around, good luck!!:D

S2000
samg1988 said:
i was thinking for getting a 1.4 rt in a couple of months anyway... so depending on price i might jus wait

good thinking ;)

Seriously though, it definately sounds like your clutch going. Probably looking at about £200 - £300 to get it done (at a guess). Tbh the clutch is just as difficult to change on the 1.2 as it is on the valver I would think, if not more awkward because on the 1.2 you have the collant hoses getting in the way above the gearbox.