ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changing mileage

corsa c exclusiv
i've recently bought some ph2 dials that came out of a valver, does anyone know how i can change the mileage so they are the same as my old clocks? Thanks, Andrew.

corsa c exclusiv
new clocks have more miles, about 40,000 more, just concerned about the mot as it has hardly been on the road.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I changed my cavalier clocks once, (pureley for fun, you understand!) and just attatched a power drill to the gearbox end of the speedo cable, set it to drill anti clockwise, Duct taped the cable to the drill and turned it on. Came back 90 mins later, hey presto, 20,000 miles off. (so it then read 186,000 miles! LOL)

corsa c exclusiv
thanks for your input folks, will have a bash at it when i have some free time. If you have any other ideas send me a pm. Thanks, Andrew

Monaco 172
You can do it and legally too.

A friend of mine had his TT stolen. Some foreigners paid with a dodgy bankers draft (sp).

Anyway the car got recovered. They were driving round London with foreign plates on. They had tinter the windows, put some dodgy graphics on and clocked it.

He looked up some guy (in the yellow pages iirc) who came out and put it back to the original mileage.

As long as you've got proof you are legit, like the original clocks, I don't thing it'll be a problem.