ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing side repeaters.

R26r R26
Some advice please:) .Whats the best way to remove them.I have bought some clear ones but dont want to run a screwdriver down the wing trying to get them out.

Octavia VRS
Piece of piss mate, I used an old credit card lol

Gently slide the credit card (or whatever you use) between bodywork and repeater, and just nudge it out. Watch the wire doesn't go back into the bodywork in between changing repeaters! Happened to me and it's awkward to fish out

Chocolate Bar™
i used a butter knife out of the kitchen cupboard that i wrapped in a duster. did the job nicely with no damage. only thing that worried me was that when you pull or push the wing the entire thing pops in/out :S

Civic Type-R
I used 2 screw drivers, one top and one bottom to pop them out. Just get some thick white tape and put it round the repeater so you dont damage the paintwork. Done 2 pairs now and no damage :)

RS Meg 175
Like kenny said, old credit card or top up card :)
slide it in a lever it up, change the socket and probably bulb. :D

If youve got clear side repeaters with no reflective orange parts you will need an orange bulb :) or superduper silvervision jobbie.

A well built VW
Middo said:
i used a butter knife out of the kitchen cupboard that i wrapped in a duster. did the job nicely with no damage. only thing that worried me was that when you pull or push the wing the entire thing pops in/out :S

SNAP