ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing tail/stop light bulbs / Headlamp Bulbs Best Ones That Are Legal!?!

hi

clio mk2 51reg

need some help answering a question, just changed over some bulbs in the back of my clusters. now i changed the tail lights and just put a pair of replacement bulbs. after this i tested to see if they worked. they did.

then today bought some led stop tail lights, to replace the brake light bulbs, to see if they looked better, they dont fit, i need the bulbs that have 1 point on the bottom of it not 2 as it had. so fitted them and swapped them around again, the new replacements which i bought with the new leds bubs, fitted fine all done. so all i have basically done is replaced my tail lights with led bulbs.

but then found out when i put my headlights on in the car, the centre led strip above, on the spoiler of the boot, is pernamently on with the normal tail light bulbs as well. but still works as a brake light obviously when i press the brakes, it goes brighter. and no brakes still stays on but not as bright if u know what i mean. but im not sure if the other normal brake lights are working as well as the led strip above the boot.

its a bit weird as that has never happened before, never had the problem with my old clio.

now, my question is,

1. what would be the reason of the strip lighting up as a tail light??????

2. does anyone know of good retailer where it is cheap to get a set of these led clusters?

3. can anyone tell about good/bad points about the led clusters?

4. are the individual, led blubs not just tail lights but the led amber indicators, any good? or do they flash to fast?

now just found out today that my headlamp bulbs have gone so need replacing both, now i have a set of varad led white sidelights, which have never let me down. popped into my local motorists discount store, and asked about some headlamps. he said the dogs b****cks are these jap ones called "type r" something in jap writing. he said these were as bright as something in a mercedes had or a bmw, had. anyone know what im on about they have a coloured tint around the bulb come in a tough plastic box.

anyone know anything about these are they better then phillips or ring, anything they have on the market.

can anyone recommend, anything to this spec, i want a white/very pale blue bulb like xenon, but not blue! has to be bright???

do you know if you can get a xenon conversion kit for just a standard clio???
would breakers stock this????

any comments of any bulbs u have that would be worth the money.
let me know would like to know more

please reply, i hope u understand my question.

anyone be interested in re-wiring a 1000 COLOUR LED VARAD UNDERCAR KIT? MONEY AVAILABLE, U NAME A PRICE!

ANYONE KNOW OF SOMEONE HU CAN REPLACE MY LED BEHIND ME DASH LET ME KNOW TO BLUE LEDS! ILL PAY U !

Thanks for reading
EMAIL ME FOR MORE INFO
arron_borson@hotmail.com

0785 902 8558

THANKS

Mégane RS
Piaa prob, love the philips and osram though, i have a set of led brake lights too and they are awsome too

PIAA are the bulbs to go for but you pay the price for the quality.

Love mine, even if they were still about £45 down from £67... :dead: lol

Mégane RS
Here are my leds

CIMG1733Medium.jpg

To stop the top led from coming on about 20% you need load resistors to simulate the original bulbs as the leds dont use as much energy

thanks for ur replys, where do i get the piaa bulbs from?

vinnyc19 i have the same setup as that, are the stop light the same bit as the tail light bit, or is it the other bulbs that are the brake lights, what are the h4 and h7 about? is that the headlamp and main beams

ahh right right have u done that on urs to stop the led at the top coming on. does it annoy u, mind u i hardly drive the car. do u think it would sitll do it if i had the led clusters, i can get a pair for 78.99 on ebay in red though on a blue car.