ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing the diff oil seal

Nimbus Grey 197
over the next few days im going to be changing the gearbox oil seal which sits on the drivers side shaft mine is leaking and im looking for any pictures or help on how far in the seal should sit and if there are any tricks to getting it done Its getting such a state under there now and beings im off over Christmas as long as I can use the garage ill be fine but I don't want be be in the same position again.. so if leaving it over night and putting some black silicone over the seal helps I would like to know

thanks carl

172 Ph1
Not a major issue changing this seal , once it's removed the process is quite easy fitting the new one .
Offer up the seal to the gearbox and tap around the edge evenly so the seal goes in straight .
With regard to how far - measure the seal depth before you remove it if you can , then you'll have an idea .

dan's cast offs.
just watch out though when you fit it as it's easy to knock it off centre and they twist quite easily. have seen them twist on their own after a day or two even if the car isn't used!!

it's also worth shrinking the spring a touch on the seal.