ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

changing the seats in a 172

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I dont think anyone has for 2 reasons, 1 it will invalidate the warranty and 2 the seat has the pretesioner wiring and side airbags intergrated into it.

I believe someone did so in their Cup - there was a thread about it with some photos. Couldnt remember who it was though.....

Mike, I soooo want those seats in mine, would save a sh*tload on the weight of the car, these front seats must weight a ton (well ok, 10s of Kgs)

Renault Laguna Coupe

Yeah they would be nice eh? £650 I believe, and presumably available in different colours too. I think I could live without the airbags easy enough ;)

320d M Sport

Ive tried to get some quotes for new seats, no-one ever emails me back! Those look ace though, Ive said for ages i want new seats......:(

Ive sat in a few seats and they are so comfy its not even funny. I would get them, but i can see it causing havok with the air back sh*t under the seat

Remember the Cup doesnt have side airbags...... that simplifies things a little and I would hazard a guess that insurance companies will suck you up if you tell them youre removing safety features....

Paddy, I have had the same sh*t, Ive emailed loads of rally prep agencies, and only one has replied. Pain in the arse. Recarosdirect.com did also reply and put me in touch with a geezer in Leamington Spa, who would fit each seat for 76.50 plus vat. The cheapest recaro is 250 squid. So I sked him if he could fit a couple of Sparco Pro2000( nonreclinable, FIA buckets ), and grudgingly he could, although he didnt want to as he didnt like quality of Sparcos( I disagree ).

Plus I have a wife who goes ballistic every time I go on about blowing a grand on seats...:cry:

Tom

EV

Erm it would void your insurance and/or put your insurance up due to the lack of airbags. (NOT 172CUP)

Renault Laguna Coupe

Nothing a couple of bin-bags and a soda-syphon recharger wouldnt put right though eh? Airbags are pretty simple things as far as I can tell.

i looked into it but the seat belt fittings a pain(unless you go the whole hog and fit harnesses,but no rear freinds in the back),but the biggest thing is insurance,they have every right to tell you to get f**ked if something happens,ie a side on,and youve been fiddling with the seats.

shame as i have perfect seats in mind !

You can get a half rollcage in and attach the harnesses to them but that doesnt really matter as i think unless you have money to burn for insurance etc there aint no point. Shame, i agree that the driving position is too ford transit!