ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing wheel and horn

172 CUP!
Hi guys, I wonder if you can help. I just bought a 172 cup and like most (as far as I can tell!)the wheel is falling apart. Im looking to change it for possibly an aftermarket wheel like a sparco or sabelt wheel.

I have done a search on the forum and a few issues seem to spring up all the time, the most problamatic being the horn. Far as I can see some people seem to get no problems when purchasing a push horn and others seem to have their cars setting on fire? Whats going on!

Is my best option to use a push horn assembly? Does this just mean I literally connect the horn wires to the back of the push button when changing the wheels over.

Im sorry to bring the topic up but I had a good look round the site and didnt seem to find the answer I was looking for! Thanks :)

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
I dont actually think the horn is so much of an issue. Simply taking the wires off the existing wheel and reconnect to the new wheel is all it takes as far as im aware. This was the case for my old car, never needed to do it on the clio but dont see it being much different.