ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chargecoolers

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I went to a car show recently and saw a 106 turbo with a charge cooler installed. Since then, I've been reading some threads and they are plenty used. I didn't think it was the 'done' thing.

I've never considered it before, in my small boosted project. But I think manufacturers are using them in modern turbo cars?

What are people's opinion of their use?

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I went to a car show recently and saw a 106 turbo with a charge cooler installed. Since then, I've been reading some threads and they are plenty used. I didn't think it was the 'done' thing.

I've never considered it before, in my small boosted project. But I think manufacturers are using them in modern turbo cars?

What are people's opinion of their use?
Utterly pointless if you have space for an intercooler. They are good for compact installs, mainly supercharged. They have a lot of drawback and are expensive in comparison to a simple intercooler. On a car like a clio or a 106 for that matter an intercooler is a no brainer.

Listerine & Poledo
Just more piping to randomly give out.

As above, if you're short on space and cant get airflow to an intercooler, it's a solution. but that's not a scenario you'll have in a Clio

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
They often have issues with heat, alot of people under-estimate the size of heat exchanger needed.

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
The plus side is they only need a small rad up front, so you get maximum cooling to the radiator, a lot of people getting issues with heat is purely down to the air physically can't get to the rad due to the intercooler taking up too much room, this is common on smaller cars such as clio, 106, nova etc running reasonable power