ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Charging the iPhone 4

I have a cable, and when it needs charging I plug it in. Simples. Same at work and home/desk/bedside table.

Do you guys have a base/port for them, rather than just plonking them on your desk? If so, where from, how much, any good/reviews etc?

Thanks!

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
I've got a Apple Universal Dock connected to the Mac for the Desk upstairs, and downstairs we've got a Bose SoundDock - Depends where I go first when I get home! The Bose is epic though, may consider getting one for upstairs.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yep.

iPhone 4 dock. Shall I post a picture of it next to my 27" iMac? I find this usually helps.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol! *****!

Do you have Jobs personal number?

Didn't know Jobs was a lefty, burn him!

Yes please Gopher, although Fanboi#1 let me into a secret that the 2G works as well . . . ?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, there's the dock.

6bf95855.jpg

0b339f65.jpg

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  182/V6/R27/R26R
quality of the finish of the desk increases curiosity about the rest of the property.

interior pics of property now required...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, I'm pretty anal about it. Meh. All my paperwork is in the drawers, labelled up. Hate having a cluttered desk.

The dock is almost clutter, IMO. I nearly didn't buy one.

Issuuuuuuuues.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
iPhone 4 dock as said, although it isn't compatible with the iPhone 4 'Bumper', neither is my Apple Universal Dock with iPhone 4 Adapter and I even have problems getting the phone to charge/connect from the cable inserted directly with the bumper on, FFS Apple.

Last edited:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm not McLovin it tbh, takes the whole new design feel away from the phone and for the protection it provides its not worth it, if I drop the phone with the bumper on it'll still be f00ked.

I had a heart in mouth moment at Goodwood when I took the phone out of my pocket and lost all contact with it over a stoney/grassy piece of land which would have torn it a new a-hole only for me managing to catch it with one hand.

Perhaps I need to re-address my not bothering with insurance policy ;)