ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chassis sealing tape

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Looking to see if anyone has a source or even knows what the tape is called!

mom the Clio chassis there are various holes that are simple covered over with foil tape and over painted from the factory.

anybody know where to get such tape?

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
Looking to see if anyone has a source or even knows what the tape is called!

mom the Clio chassis there are various holes that are simple covered over with foil tape and over painted from the factory.

anybody know where to get such tape?

^thats the stuff I used mate, I undersealed my entire car after, could be worth just giving it a quick squirt over with some dinitrol after if your just doing a few parts.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Thanks @Jack1998 , it’s an option but unsure if it’s the right thing for the job.

I’ve removed loads of little bits of foil type tape from holes in the chassis. All of which were painted over by renault. The plan is to tape over the holes again before primer, stonechip, top coat and lacquer is applied

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
Thanks @Jack1998 , it’s an option but unsure if it’s the right thing for the job.

I’ve removed loads of little bits of foil type tape from holes in the chassis. All of which were painted over by renault. The plan is to tape over the holes again before primer, stonechip, top coat and lacquer is applied
The actual stuff is identical to normal silver foil tape, to my eye at least, had a quick compare when I did mine.
I ended up using the glazing tape as it just seemed like a more robust option to keep the moisture out.
Plus the silver foil tape I had, that was the same thickness and look of the factory stuff, would not adhere to the chassis very well. I would imagine if your stripping back to bare metal it would stick.
Hope this helps 🤙