ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

chav'd but quick ph1 v6...

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What's making the high pitched screech

I'd guess its a bypass on the charger to prevent it over pressurising the inlet.

That is a very cool car, proper gearbox too by the looks of it.

Would love to have a go in that, its the sort of power the V6 chassis is crying out for IMHO!

53 Clio's & counting
Only listening on my phone but screech sounds like it could be charger belt? i skipped onto in car vids so not sure on charger setup

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd guess its a bypass on the charger to prevent it over pressurising the inlet.

That is a very cool car, proper gearbox too by the looks of it.

Would love to have a go in that, its the sort of power the V6 chassis is crying out for IMHO!

Back in the Day Mike T, whose car it was said it was the belt slipping. IIRC it eventually got turbo'd instead

^ Back when it was built they were the "in" thing. I remember reading the Fast Car feature on it well before I could drive, got to have been built a good 6 years ago at least.

172 phII
^ Back when it was built they were the "in" thing. I remember reading the Fast Car feature on it well before I could drive, got to have been built a good 6 years ago at least.

+1

At that time and still IMO today it is one of the few genuine epic builds

Renault 5 Turbo
So if it got turbo'd in the end, i have seen anything about it recently, is it still around or broken for bits?? :(

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

+1

Nothing like this had ever been done to a Clio v6 at the time, a real first! As if a Clio v6 wasn't mad enough back then, Mike relentlessly developed THIS beast!

The car is still in existence, and complete, but off the road in storage.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Glad it hear its still in one piece, would be nice to see an updated video and more specs etc.

Still as it was, as far as its appearance goes, as far as i'm aware. Sadly I dont have access to it, but when its back on the road i'll try and get some updated pics up. :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Still as it was, as far as its appearance goes, as far as i'm aware. Sadly I dont have access to it, but when its back on the road i'll try and get some updated pics up. :)

TBH the appearance is of no interest to me, would just like to see some pics of the engine and transmission bits.

Listerine & Poledo
1)I'd guess its a bypass on the charger to prevent it over pressurising the inlet.

2)Would love to have a go in that, its the sort of power the V6 chassis is crying out for IMHO!

1) So, charger whine is actually when it's venting boost? Hmmmmmmmm, about that crank-blown Huyabusa ;)
2) V6 + extra beans = quicker insurance claim

:)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
According to others on this thread that high pitch noise was just the belt slipping mate, was only listening on my phone TBH so was just guessing as couldnt hear it very well but I know a lot of bypass valves can make a bit of a screech too.