ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap 182 gumtree

Clio 172 ph2
Just seen this on gumtree seems fairly decent price for age and mileage anyone on here own it
https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-

motorbikes/renault-clio-sport-182-55plate-88k/1281133853?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
F2CFB09B-820F-4CCA-8331-D6D2A2EC591F.png
Cat says error

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Only good for a track - and £300. Walk away.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
looks worth a look to me- maybe say "get the alternator fixed and i will consider the Grand"
88k is fair mileage
MOT is looming, and love to know what the map has achieved
Gearbox needs considering

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Only way to find out is to go and see it in the metal. It's surprising how different people are when describing good or average cars. I expect a lot of Trophy's and 172 Cups advertised at £5-6k and £3k respectively are pretty shot (assuming you know what to look for). You can also find bargains like the Impreza I bought from a man who had two of them, and who's wife had told him he had to sell one.

Clio 172 ph2
Only way to find out is to go and see it in the metal. It's surprising how different people are when describing good or average cars. I expect a lot of Trophy's and 172 Cups advertised at £5-6k and £3k respectively are pretty shot (assuming you know what to look for). You can also find bargains like the Impreza I bought from a man who had two of them, and who's wife had told him he had to sell one.

That is true to be fair. Some people don’t honestly know much about cars or there value or just genuinely looking for a quite sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
My clio was only £1200.
And if like you someone is able to see past the cosmetic faults and find a decent car beneath them it's a good buy. Apart from mods what's it cost you to replace the shabby bits?

If you're looking for a track car or something to rag about in for fun then a £1000 182 is a decent buy imo. If it goes pop you'll still get your money back in parts.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Bought my 172 for £550- and love it. 83k miles.
Spent £1500 on tyres, wheels, brakes, engine bits, roll cage, stickers (To cover the paint) a few repairs and oil changes, sub frames, bucket seats new, new battery, ICV, Throttle body etc etc- the hobby continues :)
Track car, being used to help out as a daily too
Its certainly no beauty but i love it

Last edited:

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
And if like you someone is able to see past the cosmetic faults and find a decent car beneath them it's a good buy. Apart from mods what's it cost you to replace the shabby bits?

If you're looking for a track car or something to rag about in for fun then a £1000 182 is a decent buy imo. If it goes pop you'll still get your money back in parts.
It's hard to say. I think it's often best going in cheap, and then getting everything sorted yourself, so you know it's done right! I had the belts and water pump done, so that was £650, bonnet was £50. Probably talking £2k without modifications, which isn't bad. But the mod addiction always hits hard. :weary::smile:

Cosmetically there wasn't tooo much wrong. Dented doors and quarter panels aren't as easy to rectify but thankfully mine were all mint. I think if looking for a cheap 182, get one that has parts that are easily replaced/cheap, and one that requires belts.