ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cheap federal RS-R's in 16in size!

Impreza Wagon
Seems very cheap! I'm tempted to get some but I've seen some negative feedback online about them cracking.

172 Cup
What are these like for wear and economy? Considering sticking some on mine but I'm doing circa 12k a year in it.

What are these like for wear and economy? Considering sticking some on mine but I'm doing circa 12k a year in it.

I don't expect them to be great in either respect really, and the specs say they only have 6.5mm of tread new - looking at them it appears even less than that! I wouldn't really worry about economy though, I read somewhere that the differencce between best and worst in the new EU ratings equates to only a couple of mpg. I cant verify that but it seems plausible to me.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I don't expect them to be great in either respect really, and the specs say they only have 6.5mm of tread new - looking at them it appears even less than that! I wouldn't really worry about economy though, I read somewhere that the differencce between best and worst in the new EU ratings equates to only a couple of mpg. I cant verify that but it seems plausible to me.

Yep the fuel economy difference between highest and lowest is only around a couple of mpg difference over a year.

I got approx 8k out of my last set of front semi slicks. Backs are still like new.

I don't seem to ever get more that 10k out of a front set of tyres, even "normal" ones! I end up swapping front to back so I can even out wear and always get a full set when the time comes

Last edited:
  Cup In bits
IIRC the cracking's not really an issue as the cracks just wear away.

^^^this

I have had a set of these on my car from my tyres for the last 3 track days, going alright so far. The 'line' is nothing to worry about its just a moulding line, the outer edges do wear quite quickly on track and I run 4 degrees camber on the front, other than that they are one of the best if not the best all round tyre out there. There is very little difference between 888's, a048r's and the likes in the dry and they are miles better in the wet, you don't even have to get heat into them to push.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Tempting just I'd imagine come winter time they're lethal even compared to the likes of michelin ps3's