ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cheap mods

soon to be 182 ;)
i am looking for cheap mod ideas for my mk2 ph1

what ive done so far is:

silvervisions
clear side repeaters with silver bulbs
ph2 rear lights
aero wipers
ph2 handbrake button
2nd boot light (waiting to be done)
trs tow strap (waiting to go on)
chavvy stickers (waiting to be removed)
paint badges black (in process when paint will stick lol)

any other ideas appreciated

Petrol Blue 182.
just get a set of hot tuning if your going for looks, then slam the fucker! search ebay

Looking for 182
Remove the sidelights completely. It looks much better, and it's free. Just keep them in the car ready for MOT time.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
lower it!

get some springs for about £60,
ph2 door strips
paint callipers
paint the drums (black!)
exhaust
air filter
de-wiper the rear

If you really want to modify it well, save all the money you're spending on little things for a little bit longer, buy some Rokkor coilies and deck it.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Window tint

i spend money on tints once, tore them off a month or so later because i hated the look, (unless youre going to tint the fronts too)

If you really want to modify it well, save all the money you're spending on little things for a little bit longer, buy some Rokkor coilies and deck it.

THIS! +1
Best mod i ever did to my ph1 non-sport!

Clio 172 sport Exclu
FRONT SUN STRIP, TINT HEAD LIGHTS, TINT FOG LIGHTS, DE-CAT-OR REMOVE BAFFLES!!, HID FRONT LIGHTS-DIY JOB, COLOUR SIDE STRIPS IN A LARY COLOUR!!!!

1.4 16v Clio sport
i spend money on tints once, tore them off a month or so later because i hated the look, (unless youre going to tint the fronts too)

THIS! +1
Best mod i ever did to my ph1 non-sport!
I do have my Fronts done just not very dark cause of the law about the % of light need through or something

How do you fit mudflaps to a 05 plate clio 1.2?
facepalm_statue.jpg

soon to be 182 ;)
so why post the thread, without spending a little dough it'll continue to look crap?

cos i want cheap stuff to do to it, not paying 150 + for the rokkors, then paying to have them fitted, its stupid if im selling next year i just want other little bits to do

Stripped yozza'd cup
In that case you might aswell save your money and put it towards the 172, instead of wasting it on a 1.4.

Agreed. If you're planning to sell it, why spend money on it? With all the stuff youve bought already, you probably would have had enough to buy coilies.
Don't tint your windows. Clio's look ridiculous with tints.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
another goodie from citroen: xara/c3 windscreen washer jets
I have a thread on this. they cost about 6-8 quid