ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap parts

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Just ordered myself some parts for my 182 and I'm blown away by how cheap these little cars are.
Shocks, springs, top mounts, front and rear discs, rear disc spacers, and front and rear pads... All for just over £650!
Now all I need is a slightly less offensively loud exhaust and I'm sorted 👌

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
And yet loads on here will think you’re nuts spending that 🤣🤣
In fairness I could have got much cheaper brake parts, but I really wanted to stick with OEM stuff. Genuine Renault front discs and pads, and the slightly cheaper Motrio versions for the rears.
I'm looking forward to having new Cup spec dampers and some progressively wound lowering springs, should be a damn sight better than the 15 year old standard shocks and eBay special lowering springs that are currently on there 😊

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
In fairness I could have got much cheaper brake parts, but I really wanted to stick with OEM stuff. Genuine Renault front discs and pads, and the slightly cheaper Motrio versions for the rears.
I'm looking forward to having new Cup spec dampers and some progressively wound lowering springs, should be a damn sight better than the 15 year old standard shocks and eBay special lowering springs that are currently on there 😊
You want brembo hc fronts and genuine renault rears

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
You want brembo hc fronts and genuine renault rears
Aside from being cheaper do the Brembos offer any advantages over the Renault ones? It's my daily so I'm not overly concerned about track performance etc.
And the Motrio rears are still OEM spec so I'm not sure paying the extra for the "proper" Renault ones is necessary, again it's never going to see hard use, just some spirited driving to and from work occasionally

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Aside from being cheaper do the Brembos offer any advantages over the Renault ones? It's my daily so I'm not overly concerned about track performance etc.
And the Motrio rears are still OEM spec so I'm not sure paying the extra for the "proper" Renault ones is necessary, again it's never going to see hard use, just some spirited driving to and from work occasionally
They're cheaper, run good bearings and then also have the coating on them so they rust less. The rear motrios I'm not sure which bearings they run? Have a look at them and see if they're SNR.

Tbh for a daily you'll be fine.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yea you can't beat the genuine rear discs. The wheel bearings are integral to the discs, which is why everyone goes genuine at the rear, to make sure they get the decent bearings.

Lots of people use the Brembo HC discs up front, both on the road and on track. They take alot of abuse and perform excellent.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
@Kev@KAM can you confirm which bearings are in the Motrio rears? If they're lower quality than the Renault ones then I'll have to ring up and change my order. Definitely don't want to have to order two sets because of bearing failure lol

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Motrio parts are made in the same factory and the only difference is a logo change and part number change.

They are made by Renault for the older cheaper car so as older Renaults are still on the road they want to keep the customer so offer a genuine but cheaper alternative rather than completely loosing the business to much cheaper motor factors.

Motrio parts have been around for years, I was fitting them to my Clio Mk1 16v many many moons ago and all bought from a genuine Renault dealership.

BG 182FF
@Kev@KAM can you confirm which bearings are in the Motrio rears? If they're lower quality than the Renault ones then I'll have to ring up and change my order. Definitely don't want to have to order two sets because of bearing failure lol
Renault Motrio Brake Discs (pair) - 8660003524 £69.12
If they use SNR bearings like genuine renault then thats a bargain.