ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheaper Lens in NY?

SchwepTek™
Going to New york in August and want a wide angle lens!

Will it be much cheaper if I wait and buy it over there?

SchwepTek™
Is that a shop in NY or do they deliver to UK?

An amazing, amazing, amazing shop in New York. You have to visit, it's insane! Even if you won't be buying there it's a tourist attraction in its own right, the efficiency of the place is mind-boggling.

LOL ok cool.

Well, I really want a Canon 10-22mm after playing with my dads mates! Unfortunately I can' borrow it so am looking to buy one. Cheapest I have found is £380 shipped from Hong Kong.

That NY shop sells them for £350 so dont know whether to wait or not.

Suzuki Ignis
I've just got back from New York, went on a spree too and got lenses and flashes. J&R in NY are also very good.
B&H is crazy, they really do not mess abou, be prepared and try to know what your getting before you go. Don't forget the tax to, 8%ish at B&H.

SchwepTek™
I've just got back from New York, went on a spree too and got lenses and flashes. J&R in NY are also very good.
B&H is crazy, they really do not mess abou, be prepared and try to know what your getting before you go. Don't forget the tax to, 8%ish at B&H.

LOL! So was it much cheaper or not?

Suzuki Ignis

LOL! So was it much cheaper or not?

Lol sorry mate, got carried away.
Yeah it is cheaper.

Tokina 12-24 $539.95 inc.tax
=£284.18

And its £349.99 at Warehouse Express.

So I made a saving of about £65.81
Plus I got some other stuff, saved a few hundred quid.

That was when the exchange rate was at like 1.89 though.
Its good if you gunna be buying a few bits.

You can probably get it cheaper on eBay though from HK.
Or that Kerso thing sounds good.

B

Brown.

once you get it destroy all packaging but keep recipts hidden.... the will charge import tax if the suspect you bought something.