ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest Meg 225

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by chris182 on 18 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by The Kirmanator on 18 March 2005

Actuallly the cars supplied bby buymynewcar are NOT imports. They are sourced from the same place Reanult UK get all their cars from are go through the same CAT UK process as any import car when coming into this country. The only difference is they will be pre registered, if youre keeping it for a while then this shouldnt bother you. Its a UK car for all intents and purposes.

Id steer clear of Motorpoint TBH, their car will be an import.

So why steer clear of imports?

You say that buymynewcar are sourced from same place as Renault UK, do you mean same production line?

If you want one now, and not wait 3 months, why not use motorpoint.
All RS cars come from the same line, in the RS factory in Dieppe. Imports have different specs, non EU imorts dont have full warranty either. Determine what spec youre gonna get and see if youll be happy with it.

I got my 182 from a main dealer for less than motorpoint charged for one, full UK spec, full 3 year warranty.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Claudeykins on 21 March 2005

And who is the mysterious first owner? Is it the dealer?

I assume this is all to do with selling the car on without customers incurring VAT? And I guess it would make an impact on the resale value if its got 2 previous owners rather then owned from new.......any other things to know about pre-reg cars?

Mate they arent worth sh1t 2nd hand any way so i wouldnt let that be an issue.

(Bitter mode off)