ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest place for Applecare?

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Hey guys... my iPhone 4 is on its last day left of its initial 12 months warranty, so just wondering where would be the cheapest place to get the extra years warranty & service?

I know it is £61 through Apple directly, but wondering if there was any cheaper legit way of getting it?

I am only going to have it so it's an extra incentive for the next owner when i come to sell it... as mine is a swap-out at the genius bar so the actual handset is only 1 month old...

(while i am at it, might sell it to anyone on here if they are interested... 16gb black, mint condition, in box with all original accessories never even used.)

Lol. I saw the thread title and you as the last poster and was expecting you to be telling someone to buy it properly and I was coming to agree.

Don't buy it from anywhere but Apple. When you go to use it and find it it's void because it was bought with a stolen credit card and sold on eBay it's going to be waaaaay too late to do anything about it.

Although if you're selling it, you don't really care. Just buy one from eBay.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
I did think that, but it's likely to go to one of my friends... and i'm not the type of guy to do that to someone... plus, seeing as i work in the store that they will likely be bringing the iPhone back to if it goes wrong, then it's not really a good idea! lol

It won't be worth £61 more with the AppleCare on it, so I wouldn't bother.

There's going to be thousands of them for sale in a few months.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
It won't be worth £61 more with the AppleCare on it, so I wouldn't bother.

There's going to be thousands of them for sale in a few months.

But not nearly as many white one's for sale, since most white ownere are in contract until next October.

Got business skillz :cool:

Oh, and I agree, not worth it for the applecare. (Not ever on an iPhone imo)

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Fair point... i'm gonna mull it over for the next 24hrs... if i change my mind, im gonna get a refund on the one i bought from work...

I'd have bugged you for a look had I realised you had a white one TBH.

You'll probably sell it easier but I wouldn't have waited. The extra £30 you get isn't much to 'waste' to have it 10months earlier.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't have got it, but I got the phone for about £70 after cashback on a decent o2 contract and my 3GS battery was nackered so it was a no brainer.

Will just buy the next one outright on release though

Save me starting a new thread.
I've had my iPad over a year now, got an email a month or two back about getting it for the iPad. I ignored it as I couldn't afford it at the time.
Can I still get the Applecare ?

Save me starting a new thread.
I've had my iPad over a year now, got an email a month or two back about getting it for the iPad. I ignored it as I couldn't afford it at the time.
Can I still get the Applecare ?

Unless you can prove the apple care was bought before your original warranty expired then you'll struggle.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
You can get discount on APP.
I bought it on mine just incase I need a swap in the next year

Tom, if you are within Apple Retail, then technically, cos it's a serialised product, we are unable to sell it (or any products it's attached to) within the first 12mths.

Go cry to your momma!
Apple breathing a sigh of relief today?
Millions of iPhones finally out of warranty lol..