ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest - Williams front spring

i thought they had both been replaced when i bought it but it appears the nearside front spring has broken on my williams menaing proably only one was replaced - anyone know where the cheapest place to buy one is? do Euro/GSF supply the correct one?

thanks in advance

just been on the phone to renault - for my exact oval plate number there are at least 6 differnt colour springs it could be! nothing is easy with the cars is it!

I need to ring my mechanic and see what colour i got currently

Cheers for the offer mat but i think new is the only option given how long they last!

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

You can check yourself pal. Dont ring a mechy.

Put full lock (as if you were going around a right handed corner) and get your head behind the wheel. At the bottom few coils of the spring there will be two blobs of paint. Clean the spring first - might make it easer.

Sorry to bring bad news. Ive just replaced my broken drivers spring, but i then found out that it had been running on the bumpstops, so they were sh*gged (replaced), struts had seen better days as well (replaced), and the top mounts needed doing too (replaced). But the differance now. :D More than makes up for doing a good job. Dont forget to use new bolts and nylock nuts.

I bet one pint youve got two white dots like everyother willy thats replaced em.

If you want any help, i is a expert after doing mine this weekend.

Ive never quite grasped the concept of bumpstops - i know what they do but are they not included wthin the strut?

Northern what was the parts cost for the work you have done? was it all the parts mentioned on both sides?

thanks in advance

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Dont have the part numbers (can get them if you can wait till friday). Do a search to find my post of what the bumpstops look like.