ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Check it out geeks!

Lee

BMW M2C
We needed new PC for the boardroom so I decided I'd check a few quid out of my budget at it.

Asus M2N32 WS Pro motherboard.
AMD Athlon FX 62 CPU
2gb Corsair XMS DDR2 Dominator CAS 3 check out the cooling it comes with
Nvidia 8800GTX video card.
Nice Coolermaster aluminium praetorian case

It should be pretty rapid as so far the AMD X2 5200 with 8800GTS cards in have been bench marking higher than the old X24800's with SLI'd 7900 GTX.

Last edited:
Bloody hell, that fan looks big!

Is it worth the extra money for the 8800GTX card? I was thinking of getting one after seeing the benchmarks, but the price of it put me off a bit!

Lee

BMW M2C
Bloody hell, that fan looks big!

Is it worth the extra money for the 8800GTX card? I was thinking of getting one after seeing the benchmarks, but the price of it put me off a bit!

I don't reckon it's worth it, but it wasn't my money and I wanted to see how much quicker it was.

I'll get it benchmarked once it's up and running.

Lee

BMW M2C
what is incredibuild?

Distributed build software. Basically when a person compiles code it takes ages. With that installed any machine on the network can join in and uses and unused CPU performance to help out. It just makes it quicker.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i learn something new everyday lee! :) got any old comps form the office for sale? ;)

Lee

BMW M2C
I usually give them away to staff or bin them. We've just been told we have to recycle them.....sod that. lol

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Imagine the raw power, the stuff you could do with that.......

.....the speed that you could download p**n at.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
dominator corsair. a water cooling geek at work has been getting well excited over that RAM

Lee

BMW M2C
Well it's all together. It was a bit of a fight to get all the cables off the 900w Tagen PSU tucked away neatly, but it's done.

I can't believe the 8800GTX takes two power leads!!! Anyway, I'll power it up in the morning, I've had enough. I'm off home.

Chucked in one of those fatal1ty sound cards from Creative while I was at it. Might as well push the boat out!! Just hope the Creative drivers aren't as crap as usual.

Last edited:
  A red missile
We needed new PC for the boardroom so I decided I'd check a few quid out of my budget at it.

Asus M2N32 WS Pro motherboard.
AMD Athlon FX 62 CPU
2gb Corsair XMS DDR2 Dominator CAS 3 check out the cooling it comes with
Nvidia 8800GTX video card.
Nice Coolermaster aluminium praetorian case

It should be pretty rapid as so far the AMD X2 5200 with 8800GTS cards in have been bench marking higher than the old X24800's with SLI'd 7900 GTX.

My 486 would have it in the twisties ;)

Lee

BMW M2C
If I had gone Intel it would have been a Core 2 Duo Extreme. Because of what the machine is going to be doing I chose to spend the money saved on the CPU on the video card. Plus 95% of the machines we have here are AMD Athlon X2 or FX based so it means I've got loads of spare bits for them.

Going to install the OS now I'm out of that brain numbing power meeting I've just been stuck in.

It's not still installing is it? Bah that's what you get for buying an AMD.

I'm interested in knowing what the performance of the graphics card is like.

Lee

BMW M2C

I've been in a meeting. Almost done now. Busy with other stuff though, but I'll do it before the end of the day. Almost lunch time, time for a swift beer.

For reference the fastest PC in the office so far has been an Intel Core Duo Extreme X6800 with two Radeon X1900XTX. That benchmarked 16543 with 3Dmark 05. Of course, the processor at the time cost £658 + VAT!

I've been in a meeting. Almost done now. Busy with other stuff though, but I'll do it before the end of the day. Almost lunch time, time for a swift beer.

For reference the fastest PC in the office so far has been an Intel Core Duo Extreme X6800 with two Radeon X1900XTX. That benchmarked 16543 with 3Dmark 05. Of course, the processor at the time cost £658 + VAT!

Nice score on 3D Mark!

How many machines do you have in your company? By the sounds of the machines you have there, the life of them isn't long?

hoping the 8800 out performs the highest score. Seen a benchmark of it in a review here

Lee

BMW M2C

Nice score on 3D Mark!

How many machines do you have in your company? By the sounds of the machines you have there, the life of them isn't long?

hoping the 8800 out performs the highest score. Seen a benchmark of it in a review here

We've got about 60 staff in this site. Everyone has a new PC when they start a new project, so that's around every 3 years. RAM and video cards get upgraded over that time though.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Nice score on 3D Mark!

We've got about 60 staff in this site. Everyone has a new PC when they start a new project, so that's around every 3 years. RAM and video cards get upgraded over that time though.

What projects do you do? Sounds interesting.

Lee

BMW M2C
Surely the CPU in that thing is bottlenecking the GFX card??

Not when running the Unreal 3 editor.

I'm I.T. for Swordfish in Birmingham and Manchester, and also cover VU Ireland, Massive in Sweden and help out with a few of the other European sites. There's two of us here, and we've just taken on a lad in Manchester to ease the load and to stop me having to go there so often.