ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

check your bonnet catches!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I have read a lot of horror stories on Clio bonnet catches and after seeing a video of someones bonnet folding back on itself and smashing the front windscreen and denting the roof I have always worried about it happening to mine as there will be no comeback on insurance. Today as I was taking my dad to the hospital I went on to a dual carriage way and had to over take a lorry (yeah I overtook a lorry in a 1.2!) as I got to around 70 my dad realized my bonnet was flapping around a bit. And as we passed the front of the lorry the bonnet flew open and bounced back off the top of the hinge and slamming back shut. This thread is to make people aware that it does happen and to look after the rusty little bugger as it may save your life. I am lucky that my dad was in the car as I didn't notice the bonnet as I was watching the road. Some of you low riders who recline your seat right back will not be able to see the bonnet! Thanks for reading. Tom x

My 182 was recalled at had that sorted out. However, if failure still occurred and the insurance company said the above to me, I would physically drive down to their HQ and deposit a Lincoln log on their reception desk.

In order of cretin status, I would rather admit that my job was to disembowel grannies with rusty spoons - than any of the following.

1. Car insurance
  2. Injury lawyers
  3. Taliban
  4. Kiddy-fiddling
  5. Accountancy
Such 'occupations' should be starved of oxygen by enforceable law.

D.

ClioSport 172 (2003)
My 182 was recalled at had that sorted out. However, if failure still occurred and the insurance company said the above to me, I would physically drive down to their HQ and deposit a Lincoln log on their reception desk.

In order of cretin status, I would rather admit that my job was to disembowel grannies with rusty spoons - than any of the following.

1. Car insurance
  2. Injury lawyers
  3. Taliban
  4. Kiddy-fiddling
  5. Accountancy
Such 'occupations' should be starved of oxygen by enforceable law.

D.

Thats not very nice i work in insurance! Somones got to :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Thats not very nice i work in insurance! Somones got to :)

Lol - sorry :) I guess working from the inside, you must get just as frustrated as the rest of us?

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?591310-Insurance-quotes-WTF!

For my 19 years of driving, car insurance has been nothing but an infuriating, illogical syphon of money. Rarely have I spoken to someone on the phone who actually listened and answered with sensible comments. The system appears chaotic, full of loop-holes and based on data that is 'generally' accurate, but in due course is woefully inadequate. The postcode lottery aspect in particular, I've covered off in several threads in the past - and that's before you even start to talk about the car in question!

How the hell new drivers get their first foot on insurance ladder these days is beyond me.

D.

Audi A3
ive just rang renault who told me it hadnt been done, booked it in "will take up to an hour"

its an easy phone call to check on something that could have massive implications

ClioSport 172 (2003)
Lol - sorry :) I guess working from the inside, you must get just as frustrated as the rest of us?

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?591310-Insurance-quotes-WTF!

For my 19 years of driving, car insurance has been nothing but an infuriating, illogical syphon of money. Rarely have I spoken to someone on the phone who actually listened and answered with sensible comments. The system appears chaotic, full of loop-holes and based on data that is 'generally' accurate, but in due course is woefully inadequate. The postcode lottery aspect in particular, I've covered off in several threads in the past - and that's before you even start to talk about the car in question!

How the hell new drivers get their first foot on insurance ladder these days is beyond me.

D.

Yeh especially the line of work i do, its very frustrating at times.

Its a buisness at the end of the day so millions are made, fraud aspects, uninsured drivers and a recession all count towards a soar in premiums. Im more effed off at fuel costs if im being honest mind.

Audi A3
got mine booked in at renault, took 40 miuntes for them to fit brand new upper and lower catches, and off i went

easy peasy if you ask me!