ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheeky B*****D! - Current Scam Warning!

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  E92 M3,172 track car
I had a very strange thing happen to me with Paypal. I came home from work one day to my dad telling me Paypal had rung and that I should check my account. After logging in I found that I was £1100 down.

I then got a call from an American guy asking if I had just won World Of Warcraft for $2200, 'No' was the answer. Apparently, someone using my Paypal Ebay account had won the auction but cleared the seller out of £1100 as well as myself. I don't know how but I wasn't happy.

Thankfully, Paypal spotted it straight away and everything was sorted within a week.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
Was just logging into my hotmail account before work this morning to discover I had won an ebay auction for both a nokia n95 and a nokia 8800, combined value worth £650 :(

I immediately changed my passwords, security questions and answers and email addresses for paypal, ebay, hotmail and bank!

I then submitted these two unauthorised transactions to both paypal and ebay.

I then got on the phone to cancel my current debit card. I should be receiving a new one on the weekend :)

I've already spoken to the sellers to not send these items and not to charge my paypal account. One has actually refunded the amount today! :approve:

Spoke to the bank 5 minutes ago and asked if these transactions were processing on my account, no sign of them. They said now that debit card is closed nothing can be bought on it.

I hope nothing is taken out of my account tomorrow :dead:

I will never be using paypal or ebay again after this, its not worth the hassle :(

Be carefully people! :)

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Its a fucker but PayPal/eBay is essential for me.

I have a seperate bank account for PayPal, which I dont keep any money in. Transfer it and then move it again. No cards connected with it. PayPal and eBay passwords are different.

I think thats about as much as I can do! :(

Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Clio200 EDC Lux
I use both alot, unless mine ever gets "hacked" I can't beleive such a thing happens. 14 digit different passwords I use for ebay and paypal, surely it must have been phising or something like that?

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
^^

Thats not a bad idea. I think I will invest in some card protection in the future as well, just for piece of mind!

B

Brown.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
the people who loose out in these instances are the selers. a buyers money is refunded and the culprit gets the phone but the seller looses the phone and the money cos simple people out there have the same password for ebay and for paypal. :(

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  PH1 172
After reading this and not needing any trouble I have deleted my card details from Paypal and if I ever need to pay for anything that way then I will just add a card, pay for item and then delete the details again before logging off.

Just realised this was last year, but still I am not going to muck about lol

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
this happened to a good m8 of mine,
he bought a log chipper off a bloke from scotland for £4000.the bloke said to him ,pay me through the western union as it will avoid the ebay fees,like the tw*t he is he sent him the cash,
the seller then arranged with him as he was down this way for some reason he would kindly drop it off for him at no extra cost....hmmm ...
3 days later his log chipper never showed up,he contacted the seller and guess what...no reply.he then contacted western union and they said sorry sir theres nothing we could do.......oooops

lesson to be learnt do not use any uninsured payment method...

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
eBay and Paypal are both safe to use if you use them correctly.

Phishing emails are so much easier to detect nowadays with the way email clients have gone.

I use gmail. Always have, always will. Totally amazing mail client in my opinion.

They offer you this little labels and filters features.

Create a filter, add the email address paypal and ebay use the most. Like @paypal.co.uk and @ebay.co.uk.

Once you have set a filter up for them 2 domains, add them to a folder like i have here.

Image%202013-02-10%20at%2010.36.14%20AM.png

All my eBay and Paypal stuff go into the blue.

So i know if its from the real people or not.

So any emails from @paaypal.com or paipal.com wont even come through. Also, if people try to fake the sender, gmail will delete it straight away for me.

Its worth looking into your mail clients, use all the settings and features to your advantage.

Ive had Paypal and eBay since 2006. My Paypal is used everyday as i receive payments through it for a business. I buy stuff of eBay nearly every week and ive never had a problem touch wood!

The internet, in my opinion, is only as safe as you make it.

Sam!