ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chipsaway, are they any good???

MKV Golf GTi (240bhp)
I've got a couple of small dents that havent broken the paint on my 172 - just wondering if anyone has used chipsaway?

i only have 2 dents that are quite small and also a long mark on the bumbper where i backed into a parked car (very slowly) which has given the bumper a thin line dent (if that makes sense)

any help would be great - thanks

Duncan

106 GTi
Only as good as the guy doing it in your local area, ask around locally and check out some of there work first. Some a very good, some are very poor.

Agree with r-jay, their level of skill is what counts. Unsure where you are based but I had two very badly scratched alloys on my 182 and the guy I got in touch with in Guildford did a cracking job, particularly as they are the anthracite wheels. Was a little bit pricey (£140), but you wouldn't know.

MKV Golf GTi (240bhp)
i am in the kingston area (surrey) the guy who is doing work is called Carston - not sure if it he is the same guy you had.

im getting a quote from him anyway so will be interesting to see how much it all comes too......

i can recomend revive, ive used them to touch up my front bumper and they did an excellent job. But as said above I guess it depends on the guy doing the work in your area.

cock mobile.
As mentioned, they are as good as the guy you get.

The guy I got was excellent, couldn't rate him enough, he took four attempts to match my paint before finally being happy with it and applying it.

Top job and great price!

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
my dad had some work done on his ML merc and after 5 months the laquer started to come away. also you could feel where he had masked off the car.

got a full refund

Just dug out the guy's card and his name was Louis Wan. Top bloke, cracking job. Really into his cars as well and was contemplating a 182!

Maz

LY 200
Agree with comments made .. good guy, decent work but just realised when he sprayed my bumper .. he didn't clean it first and sprayed over the dirt ... :( .. not good !!

Maz :)

106 GTi
polarbert said:
my dad had some work done on his ML merc and after 5 months the laquer started to come away. also you could feel where he had masked off the car.

got a full refund

Guy who worked on my 205 GTi made it look like he had painted it with a brush, he ended up wiping the paint off, and due to his sanding before his "painting attempt" it looked worse than it did before he started :(

He told me I didnt need to pay him, and he would'nt charge me for the dents the dent guy removed. I told him that he should be paying me!

Maz

LY 200
Has anyone who has used them ever been given an invoice for work completed ?? I have always just handed over the cash ..

Maz :)