ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chris Harris - Collecting Cars Podcast

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Anyone listen to it? I literally found it by accident. I just thought it was his new website adventure. Brilliant gaining. Access to the people who have literally shaped our car experience and journalism.

Working my way back whilst missing a few out. All brilliant so far. Tiff was great as was Harry Metcalffe of course.

Drivenations new podcast has also been brilliant.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Absolutely brilliant.

Harry's one was ace. Hearing how he got Evo magazine off the ground was fascinating.

Tiff was ok but he only has 2 stories which he tells every time he's been on camera since 1993. Did you know he was in a formula one race ???

David Clark was good.. McLaren stories...

Rich Porter of Sniff Petrol/Top Gear too.

Brundle was a bit naff... Bit like Tiff.. didn't feel like a chat, it seemed a bit wooden and over-told.

Anyone listen to it? I literally found it by accident. I just thought it was his new website adventure. Brilliant gaining. Access to the people who have literally shaped our car experience and journalism.

Working my way back whilst missing a few out. All brilliant so far. Tiff was great as was Harry Metcalffe of course.

Drivenations new podcast has also been brilliant.
Personally I’d listen to them all. I haven’t listened to one and thought I’ve wasted my time.. unlike JRE you can listen to one for a couple hours and it hasn’t made any traction..

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I really enjoy it, my favourite car podcast by miles. I've not listened to the latest too yet. I usually listen while driving, but not done that lately :ROFLMAO:

I got up to Brundle
App stopped giving me notifications of new ones, havent looked in over a month. Only after seeing this have I realised theres been about 5 new ones lol.

All been great I thought so far

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve been listening to them and loving them. The early days of Evo are interesting. Harry basically got £250k loan out for a barn and spent it setting up Evo 😂

The weird bit for me is he mentioned in one podcast abouta biker called ‘Barron Von Grumble’ who basically took a superbike green laneing. I watch the YouTube video (and the one about him ranting about a biker with a Polite yellow vest that looks like police on it) and have been watching his videos and 44 teeth videos ever since. The problem is I’ve never had a bike or even been on one 😂

I’ve been listening to them and loving them. The early days of Evo are interesting. Harry basically got £250k loan out for a barn and spent it setting up Evo 😂

The weird bit for me is he mentioned in one podcast abouta biker called ‘Barron Von Grumble’ who basically took a superbike green laneing. I watch the YouTube video (and the one about him ranting about a biker with a Polite yellow vest that looks like police on it) and have been watching his videos and 44 teeth videos ever since. The problem is I’ve never had a bike or even been on one 😂

That’s his most watched video, he’s an interesting chap makes a boring commute some what comedic.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I skipped past brundle. Never thought he was that worth listening to. Even on technical level he always just sounded grumpy like he was being forced into helping people less intelligent than him.

The Richard Meaden one brilliant as you would expect. I always knew how deep there guys went but every one of them has crossed paths through so many decades.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
They certainly show what an exclusive club motoring journalism is. The guys he's had on produce a huge proportion of the content that's available. I find it funny how most of them talk about the cars they've owned over the years, yet if you want to get into the business now, you'd be lucky to earn £20k. I know the industry has got a lot tougher in the last 20 years, but I think a lot of them must have money behind them.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Podcasts are great with being at home. Best part of my day now is looking forward to lunch, lining up a podcast and laying in the garden listening to it while eating my lunch.

Nicky grist one is great.

What’s also good is the mention of the clio trophy in the jethro one. It’s no wonder prices of the normal Clio’s have gone up. We’ve got Harry metcalf who owns a trophy, Henry Catchpole who owns a 182 & Jethro who owns a Trophy. Chris even asks if he’s sorted the seat ride height like he’s half considered it (wouldn’t surprise me given the fact he owned a 106 xsi)

It’s nice to hear these people that get to drift Ferraris & McLarens round a race track that they’d choose a car like a clio to own.

Another podcast I listened to the other day was Nigel Mansell on the Motorsport Magazine podcast. I listen to both collecting cars and this on Spotify app on my phone. That was also quite interesting. Just into the Gordon Murray one at the moment. Not quite as fun as CC but interesting nonetheless.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6

The 44 teeth vids are ace. He comes across as a very well educated, slightly camp idiot.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Passed by Chris Goodwin to start with but wow. Utterly fascinating. Some of the best interviews and ease of interview I've ever heard.

Underappreciated genius in these. Like biographies.