ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cis who r they

don't

used to be anyway, they gave me a sh1te renewal quote few weeks ago, maybe they dont like me anymore as im 20

they will not charge u 4 mods unless u mod the engine in anyway

Clio 1.4, SV650S

when i was 17 i unsured a fiat uno with them for f**k all money.

though that was 5 years ago :confused: and it was a fiat uno ;)

I was insured with them for the last 5 years. They beat every quote ive ever had for any car by at least £50. That was until the 172 came along. Now im with Flux who beat CIS by £400

Had 2 claims with CIS to and they paid out no trouble at all.

Bonus with CIS is youre covered to drive anything else 3rd party, which most companies wont do until your 25, so you can drive your mates car home from the pub if he decides to get pissed and let you loose!

At least this was the case "when I was young"... lol

Quote: Originally posted by White16valver on 05 November 2004

Bonus with CIS is youre covered to drive anything else 3rd party, which most companies wont do until your 25, so you can drive your mates car home from the pub if he decides to get pissed and let you loose!

At least this was the case "when I was young"... lol
They do, one question about this though, if im say insured on a 1.1 mini in my name wiht cis, and my 1.8 RSi is my say my mums name and she has insurence on it in her name, can i drive it third party off the insurence on the 1.1 mini.

The above is purley fictional apart from me having a 1.8 RSi

don't

yea its strange isnt it mate

because technically with any1 u can get insured full comp on a cheap old car

then drive something newer and alot faster and still be insured

not sure how all that works really :-(

my brother is insured full comp with them, but as a named driver on my dads insurance (not the same company as my dads car-thats separate)
would he be insured to drive another car (my valver 3rd party) he is 18 btw.

If hes insured fully comp then check his policy and it should say hes covered for driving other cars with Third Party only insurance.

Which is fine in the eyes of the law but if he crashes theres no mechanism to claim for the car! :confused:

Basically, only drive the car if you can afford to buy another one if it gets stacked! lol

i was with CIS with my saxo.. when i wrote it off the payout was more than we paid for the car!

I rang them not long ago tho and they didnt offer a good rate.. theyre getting more expensive. But they are worth it i think, no questions asked they just gave me the payout very quickly. Made £200 profit with that :p and i had £400 excess lol!!

Quote: Originally posted by White16valver on 07 November 2004

If hes insured fully comp then check his policy and it should say hes covered for driving other cars with Third Party only insurance.

Which is fine in the eyes of the law but if he crashes theres no mechanism to claim for the car! :confused:

Basically, only drive the car if you can afford to buy another one if it gets stacked! lol

cheers for that mate,he is full comp but as anamed driver on my dads isurance,
i will get him to check the policy, i dont mind him driving it on the road (if hes insured) but i wont let him do it on his own.