ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Citroen Oli - cardboard electric car

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
This will divide the room.

Brilliant or ridiculous?

I'm in the brilliant camp. Thinking (bullshit bingo jargon) 'outside of the box'. A light weight electric vehicle using materials other than plastic.

Not sure how recyclable plastic coated cardboard is, but kudos to Citroen for trying (I'm sure Citroen aren't the only ones at the moment, well I hope so).

68 mph, surely that's not just city car suitable but general cars? We can't exceed 70 mph on any road so if the acceleration is there, then no reason it can't be suited for all driving?

I particularly like the ideas of the flat windscreen to reduce cost as well as reduce the need for AC with less sunlight coming into the cabin.

These ideas are very much in their infancy, but I'm impressed.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
it's an interesitng concept car for sure and i like the usual mad citoren efforts.

If some of the concepts get brought to citroen main ev cars it cna only be a good thing tbh.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
1000 kg kerb-weight is what caught my attention...and it has a faint whiff of BMW i3 in the quirky design/material choices.

If they're available when my i3 lease ends, I could see myself having one.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I like it mostly because it's got the aerodynamics of a brick.

Plus when you run someone over and they smack into massive angular windscreen they'll really know about it.

koi

Audi S1
Looks like the kind of car you built using Lego as a kid. Don't mind the looks apart from the flat windscreen.