ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Citroen Xsara washer jets

RS172 Flamer
After seeing a post in Clio Projects section of a member purchasing these washer jets (as titled), I decided to buy some for myself.

They have arrived and i had fitted them in a matter of minutes but for some reason the "mist" that is the water spraying out is only hitting my wiper blades. Is there anything i can do to adjust them so it fires the water onto my actual windscreen? (Also has anyone else had the same issue?)

C

Carbonraider1

A friend of mine has Honda jazz washer jets fitted to his civic and has the same problem although when driving are perfectly fine as the oncoming air forces the mist onto the front screen. I just wonder if that is the way they are designed :confused:

RS172 Flamer
ahh thank you for the feedback. the only thing is i have just replaced my old washer motor aswell so there is a nice bit of pressure which means that the mist shoots directly where it's aimed and at speed! so it may only work in a strong wind haha :p

i was thinking of blocking the bottom part of the jet so that it fires out the top but not sure if it would work :/

RS172 Flamer
Hmm, i may consider that option. I had thought about it but woundered if it may look out of place.

-Then again if it going to have to change it to make it work then that modification may be best suitable
Cheers!

Clio 182
Hi mate, did you ever sort this problem out as I've just fitted some and they're doing exactly the same!?

Cheers AJ

RS172 Flamer
Hi mate, did you ever sort this problem out as I've just fitted some and they're doing exactly the same!?

Cheers AJ

Hi mate, I haven't sorted this yet as I am still at work but when I get home I am going to have a go at the method below that Knuckles suggested as I already have some sticky pads left from my wind deflectors

get some of that sticky foam padding... as thin as you can get, stick it to the underside of the washer, trim so its flush and refit?

Good idea bud, I was just going to use some small square pads at first but I think i'll try your idea just before I do and see if I can use a one big pad cut to the size of each washer jet :)

Clio 182
Cool cheers for t advise and please let me know how you get on. Although that said I may not be able to fit mine as when removing the xsara jet it got stuck and in anger pushing it from t bottom with a pair of pliers, it fired across the gravel driveway and now can't find it!

Mine clear the wipers about 2 inches, maybe your pumps a bit weak and needs changing?

Uploaded a video that was on my phone incase it helps you.

th_IMG_1632.jpg

RS172 Flamer
Cheers for the video but it definitely isn't the motor. I replaced it at the same time and it has plenty pressure behind it :)

Clio 182
Yeah mines got a new motor as well so doubt (hope) that's not t problem. Annoying as my current ones do my head in!

RS172 Flamer
Right, so, I tried the padding and that didn't work. It turns out that it is the angle that the water shoots out at rather than the angle of the unit itself. So it must be something inside which is causing the water to fire down instead of up like all the others. Anyway, in the end I have admitted defeat and put the standard units back on :/ Whilst they are off I may consider attempting to modify these to try and get them to work but I am not holding my breath!

Yeah I've the same problem. Only mine won't even clear the bonnet never mind hitting the wiper blades!

After buying around 5 sets of these for different clios from the same place I've noticed they all react differently when fitted some are angled down some up even got a odd pair must just be how there manufactured for the Citroen as there wipers are much lower than the clio