ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Civic vs EVo 8 22PSI

Honda Civic Type R
b3nje said:
thing is. its like 269bhp from standard, a decat/forced air induction kit and remap = 362bhp on rolling road :D

how cheap is that for alot of bhp!

can't help thinking that sounds like a lot of power for such little mods. the bloke i know with a 260 (mentioned earlier in the post) has now got an aftermarket dump valve, exhaust, induction kit and remap and i know he's not making that much power.

i'm not saying you're lying coz i know evo's are extremely tunable, i'm just curious to know more. how much would it cost to get that sort of figure. from what i heard the 260 was for the uk only and pretty much all the important parts in the engine i.e cams, pistons, turbo, manifolds, wastegates etc are different to the FQ's. i may be wrong.

i'm seroiusly interested though coz i am cosidering buying an evo in the future. my ctr is enough to keep me entertained for now though:D

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
The remap and rolling road was £720 which is pretty steap i thought!

The evo has 2cats but i just got removed and it still passes emissions text = £50+£15 fitting

K&N typoon forced air induction kit = £220

i cant remember everything i was told now but i may talk bullshit and someone will come along but supposedly the engines were brought from japan and then the shell etc was put on in europe some where so they aint classed as an import but i think its something like that as they ran out of engines over here. i was told about 6months ago but just cant remember now.

the de-cat was the best gain really, other evo owners said to expect around 25-35 brake horsees!

Honda Civic Type R
yeah it's surprising how restricitve cats are. my race manifold (which has no cat) gave me about 15-20 bhp so it's easy to see how you can get 25-30 on a boosted engine.