ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Civic vs EVo 8 22PSI

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
evo 8, thats either a fq340 or a 400. what boost do they run from standard?

W

WrongJohn

I came from Honda tuning - I'm not gonna claim I know a huge amount but I do know a little.

The K20 is also in the UK CTR - A USDM one is about 220bho but only due to fuel, it doesnt differ in any way to the UK CTR mechanically.

Obviously in an EG civic though its a very light car, and low and streamlined. I'm not sure I would have expected it to pan an Evo 8 though. Then again if its just an FQ300 US spec equivalent then its not gaining much power, plus transmission losses for being a gay 4x4 and also a good bit more weight - yeah its possible a lil' EG civic could take it down!

John

Yeah fake if you ask me, when the camera pans back towards the evo you can see they're not pulling away from an old couple in the background!

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
also wen the evo boots it first time, and falls behind, you can see a car cruising behind the evo. completely fake.

Monaro VXR
Its a yank evo there not THAT quick dont compare them to ours but still looks fairly fake. There last model evos were still around 280bhp i think though. There new ones are only 300bhp max.

Compared to a 220bhp stripped out civic i could see it keeping up but that looks pretty fake.

Snotter's
my bro has an ep3 and my mate has an evo 8 fq 300,the jdm and uk engine have different ecu's and a different inlet hence the 20 bhp difference.There is no doubt that civic would be quick but the only evo id say it would have a chance of keeping with would be the mr260 and even then i doubt it very much

Basically that Civic is a very quick car, but according to that video, it tore the Evo a new one. We're talking several seconds faster to 100 perhaps? We all know how cars compare on the road. A 182, for example, wouldn't leave a Saxo VTR that quickly. You'd need some serious machinary to leave that Evo so devastatingly. Something with double the power/weight perhaps. Okay maybe not that much but ffs :)

Last edited:
  Honda Civic Type R
are you sure a 182 wouldn't leave a saxo vtr that quickly. is that like a known fact amongst clio owners or does anyone disagree. the way i understand, a 182 is pretty much as quick as a ctr and definitley capable of nosing ahead of one if the situation is right. and yet, even when my ctr was standard i'd absolutley obliterate a saxo vtr.

i've seen a clio cup start from behind a 106 gti and completely blow right past it at about 90mph. and they're quicker than vtr's. my point is surely a 182 would pull away from a vtr, and QUICKLY

Honda Civic Type R
actually roy munson, i've just re-read your post. i think you mean that a 182 wouldn't pull from a vtr at the rate at which that civic did on the evo. i get what you mean now. my mistake. i agree, that video probably is a fake because with 22psi you are bound to hear the spooling of the evo's turbo, even over the civic(which sounds the nuts btw). that video doesn't really prove anything except a an modded EG civic can beat an evo so long as the evo doesn't boost

Golf 7R
Ozzie that civic sounds similar to yours......sweet, the only way that evo would have got beat is if darren ( badboy ) was behind the wheel...... ( personal joke )

Honda Civic Type R
if darren was behind the wheel, you'd beat him in your girlfriends 1.4 tigra. if i were to buy an evo, a yellow 260 wouldn't be my choice. badboy????? baldboy more like

cock mobile.
It just says K20, so no real way of telling if it's the K20A or K20A2.

However the yanks never got the K20A engine, in a civic or teg, so very much doubt it's that, of course it could have been imported.

Either way, looks like a fake to me.

A Fast One!
WrongJohn said:
I came from Honda tuning - I'm not gonna claim I know a huge amount but I do know a little.

The K20 is also in the UK CTR - A USDM one is about 220bho but only due to fuel, it doesnt differ in any way to the UK CTR mechanically.

Obviously in an EG civic though its a very light car, and low and streamlined. I'm not sure I would have expected it to pan an Evo 8 though. Then again if its just an FQ300 US spec equivalent then its not gaining much power, plus transmission losses for being a gay 4x4 and also a good bit more weight - yeah its possible a lil' EG civic could take it down!

John

Dude, your name just about sums it up! im assuming your name is John and definately know what you said is wrong!!! when you say you come from Honda Tuning, does that mean that you work at the parts desk at the local Honda dealer?!?!?! :rolleyes:

the K20A2 is actually in the UKDM CTR and the K20A is only available in the JDM EP3 CTR and DC5 Integra Type R!

as far as the USDM comment you made about the Acura Integra RSX-S, which is the fastest model, this actually has a K20A3 engine which is a 160Bhp lump based upon the K20A but it only has dual lobed cams and not tripple lobe cams like the engines in the Type R cars! the engine in the USDM RSX-S is actually found in the Civic Type S here in the UK, which im sure everyone will agree is nothing like a Type R........

as well as this there is no way in hell you would get 220Bhp because of fuel over in the good ol' USofA as their octane levels are far lower than we have over here in the UK! the octance ratings there are 87, 89 and 93 RON which will hinder performance far more again!!!!

if it was a straight K20A in that Civic, for it to beat an Evo its got to have at least been Turbo'd with Nitrous! it would be possible to make the Civic a good 400Bhp that way so it might handle an Evo but then again its still FWD so i would doubt that the video is truthful in any way at all!! i mean who on earth would believe that any Civic regardless of engine could beat an Evo?!?!

get a grip!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Spykee said:
if it was a straight K20A in that Civic, for it to beat an Evo its got to have at least been Turbo'd with Nitrous! it would be possible to make the Civic a good 400Bhp that way so it might handle an Evo but then again its still FWD so i would doubt that the video is truthful in any way at all!! i mean who on earth would believe that any Civic regardless of engine could beat an Evo?!?!

get a grip!

Check out the link I posted on page 1...simple breathing/ecu mods and stripped out gives a 12.8 sqm in a EG K20....no evo apart from the fq360/400 will run that standard!

Honda Civic Type R
Spykee said:
the K20A2 is actually in the UKDM CTR and the K20A is only available in the JDM EP3 CTR and DC5 Integra Type R!

as far as the USDM comment you made about the Acura Integra RSX-S, which is the fastest model, this actually has a K20A3 engine which is a 160Bhp lump based upon the K20A but it only has dual lobed cams and not tripple lobe cams like the engines in the Type R cars! the engine in the USDM RSX-S is actually found in the Civic Type S here in the UK, which im sure everyone will agree is nothing like a Type R........

get a grip!

you're spot on there mate with the engine info. i was gonna do a similar post myself but you beat me to it. oh and by the way, my civic will beat an evo. tried and tested. however, it was the 260 uk spec and not from standstill but on motorway and i pulled away from him. mine's not really standard though. and the driver of the evo is a bit of a nob.:D

A Fast One!
ozzie said:
you're spot on there mate with the engine info. i was gonna do a similar post myself but you beat me to it. oh and by the way, my civic will beat an evo. tried and tested. however, it was the 260 uk spec and not from standstill but on motorway and i pulled away from him. mine's not really standard though. and the driver of the evo is a bit of a nob.:D

haha, cheers bud!

what spec is your EP3? i had one until about 12 months ago when i swapped it for a mortgage!

Alex

Honda Civic Type R
Spykee said:
haha, cheers bud!

what spec is your EP3? i had one until about 12 months ago when i swapped it for a mortgage!

Alex
i've got a cold air induction kit, full race manifold with spoon cat back, jdm inlet manifold, uprated bored and tapered throttle body, hondata ecu with remap from cpl racing, kevlar clutch and lightened flywheel and a quaiffe differential. internals are standard but basically there is now no restriction in the airflow...anywhere. the ecu drops my vtec point to just under 5k and goes on to 8600 and gives me a bit more torque in the midrange. this is all in prep for my supercharger and cams which should give me quarter mile times in the mid 12's.:evil:

then again i've just taken on a mortgage too so that might be just beyond my reach for the time being

Last edited:
  Honda Civic Type R
b3nje said:
wont beat my evo8 260 :D CHEESE

:race: depends........if yours is actually 260bhp then i will in a straight line. although it is very close. if you've upgraded then you'll kill me

cock mobile.
Notorious said:
Check out the link I posted on page 1...simple breathing/ecu mods and stripped out gives a 12.8 sqm in a EG K20....no evo apart from the fq360/400 will run that standard!

But didn't that Vid say "Stock" ECU "Stock" K20?

I can't get it to replay again, but sure it did.

cock mobile.
ozzie said:
i've got a cold air induction kit, full race manifold with spoon cat back, jdm inlet manifold, uprated bored and tapered throttle body, hondata ecu with remap from cpl racing, kevlar clutch and lightened flywheel and a quaiffe differential. internals are standard but basically there is now no restriction in the airflow...anywhere. the ecu drops my vtec point to just under 5k and goes on to 8600 and gives me a bit more torque in the midrange. this is all in prep for my supercharger and cams which should give me quarter mile times in the mid 12's.:evil:

then again i've just taken on a mortgage too so that might be just beyond my reach for the time being

Sounds awesome, got any pics, vids etc?

What manifold have you got?

Personally I'd keep it N/A, get a stroker kit, etc :approve:

Honda Civic Type R
i haven't got any vids yet mate but i'm working on it. the manifold is from dc sports. definitely gonna supercharge it. i think superchargers suit the characteristics of the k20 engine. plus they sound awesome and go like stint. 300 bhp easily obtainable!!!!!

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
ozzie said:
:race: depends........if yours is actually 260bhp then i will in a straight line. although it is very close. if you've upgraded then you'll kill me

:D

now has 360bhp lol

Honda Civic Type R
b3nje said:
:D

now has 360bhp lol

you might just have me then lol. until i supercharge. then i'll have more power to weight and it will be a beast. but i've gotta stop talking about that until I actually get it done:rolleyes:

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
thing is. its like 269bhp from standard, a decat/forced air induction kit and remap = 362bhp on rolling road :D

how cheap is that for alot of bhp!