ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clarkson Loves new V6

320d M Sport

0-60 in 5.8, 156 Top end, dont know about 1/4 mile or 0-100. Would guess it would be miles quicker than the Mk1?

red cars, yuk!:D

although that v6 looked nice in red,

i would be interested to see the price in about a year or twos time cos it will be purchase, bollox to pace, i mean the car looks awesome,

renault are truely still the maddest car makers of all, mid engined hatches rule,

maxi 5 turbo 350bhp oh yeah baby

GR7

Shiny red R32

It was pouring with rain too! They seem to have a lot of rain wherever their test track is. The time would have been better in the dry wouldnt it?

Did Clarkson not say show the clio something difficult (meaning corners) and it surrenders which is typical of the french. For the money you would be better of with an Evo 8 FQ300 or a Prodrive STI which both would destroy the v6 on any road in any conitions.

Geoff B

Mars Red Clio V6 255

yes the sti8 with ppp and the fq300 are great cars, i was 10 min away from buying a sti8 with the ppp, cost of £27300 got a £1500 discount, but at the end of the day they look sh*t. if they were slow no one would buy one, people only get those cars cos there are quick, and yes both would kill the v6, but just look at the pics of the v6 and it instantly the WOW factor springs to mind, i mean that car will just stop people in their tracks, can you honestly say that about the evo and the subaru?

Agreed. EVOs look boring and the Scoobys are a common sight. Theres also the big market it stolen Scoobies and parts. People are even finding their spoilers being nicked now.

My cousin had his spoiler nicked off his Scoob 2 years ago - they diabled the CCTV and managed to Nick the spoiler without a mark on his boot! Pretty impressive.

Kieron

I know what you are saying about the looks thing but its the driving experience i would be interested in but each to his own. If it was looks you were after you would not buy a 172/cup you would go get a Hyundai coupe but thats my opinion.

Geoff B

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by kieron on 12 June 2003

yes the sti8 with ppp and the fq300 are great cars, i was 10 min away from buying a sti8 with the ppp, cost of £27300 got a £1500 discount, but at the end of the day they look sh*t. if they were slow no one would buy one, people only get those cars cos there are quick, and yes both would kill the v6, but just look at the pics of the v6 and it instantly the WOW factor springs to mind, i mean that car will just stop people in their tracks, can you honestly say that about the evo and the subaru?

Keiron

Just get yourself a nice V6 Clio - you know you want to, you dont need us to co-erce you .

Even the Mk1 V6 still looks so much better than these Scoobys and Evos - look at this beauty!

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1055514889__v6mackay.jpg
A pal of mine has an STI thing and now he has bright red plastic flappy mudflaps on it and it looks hideous. Here is a pic before mudflaps which is bad enough!

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1055514691__st1.jpg