ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Classic car insurance

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all

just wondering if anyone had any reccomendations for classic car insurance
companies to try?

i really wanted to go with greenlight as they seem to be highly thought of but I'm not 25 which is one of their criteria.

I'll be phoning flux tomorrow, any other companies you have had experience with would be great.

clio dci , ren8
Flux sorted me a great deal on my modified classic Renault 8 but you may struggle with your age :(

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
What car is it for? Any of the marque's clubs recommend anyone?

it's for a mk1 mx5, it's 21 years old now so comes in over the 20 limit that most have in place, the forums seem to say greenlight or adrian flux who Im hoping to get onto today.

How old are you out of interest?

I thought you were older than 25 :eek:

I don't know which way to take that haha nah I turned 24 last month :)

Flux sorted me a great deal on my modified classic Renault 8 but you may struggle with your age :(

It appears that will be the case yes :(

Ford Mustang 5.0
We cover 21 and over on all our modified/performance policies.

We can do a low mileage policy on the MX5 for you if you wanted. If you set 3k or 5k miles you should get somewhere between normal and classic car money at 24yrs old. Plus that will give you the option to modify where as the classic policies will restrict you on upgrades.

Cheers
Neil

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
We cover 21 and over on all our modified/performance policies.

We can do a low mileage policy on the MX5 for you if you wanted. If you set 3k or 5k miles you should get somewhere between normal and classic car money at 24yrs old. Plus that will give you the option to modify where as the classic policies will restrict you on upgrades.

Cheers
Neil

Oh okay brilliant! i'll give you a bell when I finish work then, many thanks!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Just a quick note to say thank you to Greenlight for their service when I phoned up for a quote.

Unfortunatley after giving the car a good once over I won't be insuring it just yet (maybe july/aug) as I have a few mechanical jobs to see to which take priority however I will definitley be phoning up and taking insurance out with yourselves when the time comes.

Great friendly service, brilliant price and it was nice to speak to someone who was actually passionate about cars, many thanks.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

ClioSport Trader
  Renault 5
Hi all

just wondering if anyone had any reccomendations for classic car insurance
companies to try?

i really wanted to go with greenlight as they seem to be highly thought of but I'm not 25 which is one of their criteria.

I'll be phoning flux tomorrow, any other companies you have had experience with would be great.

Hi,
Did you manage to get a quotation from ourselves?
Regards,
Dan.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Hi,
Did you manage to get a quotation from ourselves?
Regards,
Dan.

Yes I did however the lady I spoke to on the phone said she wouldn't be able to compete with greenlight, I was very impressed with her service though as I had to hang up whilst on hold due to a fire drill at work and she phoned me straight back on my mobile which was a nice touch!

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

ClioSport Trader
  Renault 5
Yes I did however the lady I spoke to on the phone said she wouldn't be able to compete with greenlight, I was very impressed with her service though as I had to hang up whilst on hold due to a fire drill at work and she phoned me straight back on my mobile which was a nice touch!

Thanks for the feedback - Sorry we were unable to compete, thanks for trying us & please do get in touch again at renewal!

All the best
Dan