ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clay

Monaco 172 2/468
Do a search in this section mate, there is looooads and loads of info on it :) Much quicker for you :cool:

RB 182
Just posted in the other thread for which to get. Another one that people like is the Sonus Mild Green clay.

For a good guide this thread is very good at explaining many of the processes including claying.

Clio 172
I found claying difficult! It was either too dry or too wet, very rarely got the perfect ammount! Any tips?

RB 182
How do you mean too wet? The more lube the better really as it prevents problems like people have shown on here before.

Monaro VXR
I found claying difficult! It was either too dry or too wet, very rarely got the perfect ammount! Any tips?

All i do is spray some detailer on the car and then run the clay over it making sure its kept properly lubricated if it starts drying out somewhere spray more on it.

Never had any problems and car always comes up looking great.

Clio 172
Well I found the clay was just sliding over not picking ant surface dirt off. If its too lubed then how can it be pulling dirt off the surface because there is a barrier between the paint and the clay?

Well I found the clay was just sliding over not picking ant surface dirt off. If its too lubed then how can it be pulling dirt off the surface because there is a barrier between the paint and the clay?

if it glides over the bodywork , you can tell its working ...... the idea is to spray small sections at a time and work those area before moving on