ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Claying methods...

BMW E46 330i Touring
How does everyone apply clay?

You see, I ask because I always used to wash and rinse off the car fully, then clay, rinse off again and then dry, polish, etc but yesterday I just clayed each panel as I was washing, then sponged everything down again to remove streaks, rinsed, dried, etc.

I found the finish a lot better and it took me a lot less time too.... I've restored my faith in clay! :D

106 GTi
I wash and rinse the car.

While still wet I clay using a spray bottle containing a strong soapy water solution. After claying rewash the panel, and rinse. Move onto the next panel and do the same, continue round the car panel by panel doing the same. One final rinse and dry and then its ready for polish.

Find it much easier than washing drying, claying with quick detailer and then needing to clean up after.

If I know the car is going to get a really good polish like normal after clay I dont worry to much about the odd clay streak either.