ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clean car for shows...

FF RB 182
What do you lot do about having to drive your car down to a show after giving it a good clean, as it's going to get mucky again?

Is there anything you take down with you to clean the car with?

106 GTI
I seen a car with cling film over the front before

3M tape seems to be the style at the minute though

FF RB 182
I seen a car with cling film over the front before

3M tape seems to be the style at the minute though

Seen that with the front all taped up, it looks stupid though. Doesn't stop crap spraying up the back neither.

if u polish it up and wax it etc. before. a quick wash or some quick detailing spray will bring it up a treat

Static Low
I think if i was to go down and there was no water. Id totally soak every panel in a spray wax and buff away ! but f**k me.. i wouldnt want to do that very often !

just wrap it up in clingfilm

FF RB 182
I think if i was to go down and there was no water. Id totally soak every panel in a spray wax and buff away ! but f**k me.. i wouldnt want to do that very often !

just wrap it up in clingfilm

Does it not melt on the bonnet?

172 cup
Mine was dirty as last year at FCS I wasnt happy as I detailed for about 4 hours previous day. I hear if you stay over most people wash them before the show but if your driving down on the day just do a good detail the day before and take some detailing spray with you. Fingers crossed it doesnt rain.

PH1 iceburg
Mine was dirty as last year at FCS I wasnt happy as I detailed for about 4 hours previous day. I hear if you stay over most people wash them before the show but if your driving down on the day just do a good detail the day before and take some detailing spray with you. Fingers crossed it doesnt rain.

As the young lady said, I will spend most of the day before cleaning it. Then as long as its not raining, i will give a blast with a detailling spray when i get there (getting there early doors so she sparkles).

FF RB 182
if your that worried about it getting dirty you could always use a trailer and a car cover

It's more the fact we'll rock up covered in loads of bugs after having spent ages cleaning it, and there'll be other people with immaculately clean cars. Maybe I'll drive down in a clear car cover, just for you.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I take a bag with minor detailing stuff. Shampoo, tyre stuff, plastic dressing, glass cleaner, QD, plenty of clothes. Swissvax bucket FTW!

bucket2.jpg

FCS 07 Rich used a no water car wash system . . . think he hated it!!

I would be out with the blue tape and as much QD as possible for the dust lol. But mine is a blue car, so doesn't look as bad!!

Now you see, these are getting better and better. I have been keeping a close eye on the products each time they come up on DW. The waterless washes are pisch tbh. But these are quite good. Not that cheap however!!

200 Gordini
Now you see, these are getting better and better. I have been keeping a close eye on the products each time they come up on DW. The waterless washes are pisch tbh. But these are quite good. Not that cheap however!!

This is better than reaching for the jet wash + snow foam etc during the week imo. Alot less time consuming and work.

Definitely perfect for shows :D