ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clean throttle body

clio sport 182 cup
Hi guys I want to clean my throttle body at the weekend on my 182 see if it picks up quicker. I've looked everywhere for a step by step guide but can't find one could anybody give me a quick guide. Thanks guys

cliosport 172 mk2
Done mine last night
Step 1 remove the flex bend, induction kit, air filter pipe thats attachached to the throttle body.
Step 2 remove four bolts that are 7mm.once off the sensor should be easier to remove then unclip it.
Step 3 clean the inside of the butterfly housing etc i used wd40 and a rag.
Step 4 do all in reverse.
Not a amazing guide but no one showed me just worked ut out :)

53 Clio's & counting
The only real difference it will make is if it's REALLY gunked up it may make the butterfly 'slightly' stick when going on throttle, but in reality, no you won't notice a difference as the light coating of gunk and oil on it isn't enough to cause any disruption

clio sport 182 cup
Oh right well maybe if its not going to make any difference there's not any point in cleaning it is there haha I heard that if you give it a good clean the throttle is a bit more responsive. I just want it to be a bit more pokier ideally I'd like all new injectors I put one new one on last week just one has made so much more difference.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
If one brand new injector has made a difference, maybe remove them all and send them off to be cleaned and flow tested.
it could be a good starting point ;)

cliosport 172 mk2
not in the know how in how much itd cost for sending them offf but id just get some uprated injectors ie ktecs meg 225 ones and get it mapped to the car should see a increase in power and torque due to more flow rate to fuel and ignition etc.

clio sport 182 cup
It's about £20 a injector to send away to be cleaned and I can get new ones for £50 each it's worth paying that for brand new ones plus I think with the ktec ones you were talking about my mpg would disappear like no tomorrow especially with petrol prices these days!!!

330i. E30 Touring.
Standard injectors are good enough for up to approx 230bhp iirc.

The limiting factor on an F4R isn't fuel supply.