ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clean wheels!

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
The long and short of this thread is that I spent 3 hours this afternoon taking my wheels off to clean them. (Also swapped fronts with rears as I'm getting new tyres in a couple of days and want the new shoes up front, it was the rears that needed changing)

So jacked it up, took the wheels off and one by one I jetwashed, applied AG clean wheels, scrubbed with a brush, jetwashed again, dried them. (Here's where I might get some stick because I'm a noob compared to most of you) I then applied AG extra gloss, before buffing off and applying AG Foaming tyre shine and AG alloy wheel seal, then I chucked them back on the car and voila :) picture time...

Before...
7ude2ezy.jpg

After...
ata5amy9.jpg

And back on the car...
uqenumaq.jpg

8aze5amu.jpg

I know the rest of the car is dirty! Doing it tomorrow :p

And here's a cheeky picture of my torque wrench... Anyone else got one of these? :D
2u5u2ede.jpg

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Looking good. In all honesty iirrcc the torque wrench is probably more accurate than the new ones lol. They don't build tools like they used too!

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Good to know, it is very easy to use and read, although when you're trying to torque the wheel nuts to 77 foot pounds it is a bit of a guess to just stop between 75 and 80 haha :p