ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned on Saturday, and then on Monday this happened...

Clio 220 Trophy
Thanks. How long ago was that? And how long did you have to wait before you got payment? And did you reject the first offer as well?

He had the accident on the 12th Dec and we received the payout cheque just after Xmas, yep rejected the first offer, if I remember the accessor offered £2100. They will give you all the usual bulls--t about how you paid too much for the car when you bought it etc etc , just stick too your guns

Arctic 182
Anyone? I've been told that I should always reject the first offer, but not sure how I would say this to him on the phone? I've got valuations of similar cars in the local area that are for sale for more, but not sure what to say?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I just said i payed way more than what your giving me cant you give any more. they did, Still over £500 less than what i paid none the less :(

Arctic 182
how much would you sell the car for if you were to sell it before it was crashed?

We'll I've found 3 that are for sale on auto trader in my local area that are the same year and similar mileage (about 55,000) for £2,990, £3,295 & £3,495. Don't know whether I would have been able to sell it for that though...

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah get talking to them and provide them with examples on autotrader and ebay in the same condition your's was prior to your accident. You should get an offer the somewhere between the cheapest one you give them and the most expensive one you give them

55 Clio 182, C2 VTS
I'd look at getting a better offer than that, then approach them about buying the car back out of the offer too, as its rear end damage you could probably break it/sell it as is and get more money back if the rest of it is in half decent nick.

My old W reg 1.4 had a minor (minor being not as bad as this) shunt and was written off about 5 years ago, The insurance company offered me £2600 and sold the car back to me as a write off for £495, as the damage was minor I managed to get it fixed for £500 and pocketed the remainder.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Might be worth pm'ing Gally

He's the man to talk to regarding write iff valuations

Arctic 182
Sorry mate been off line all day, Is that the figure Aviva offered, don,t forget you have to take your excesses off that,

Don't worry mate, they offered me £2,400 at first and after finding the prices of the other ones we got it up to £2,550. Not as much an increase as you got! But yeah gotta minus my excess from that, also £650 :/

320d
Gutted for you pal.

I had two scooters written off when I was 16 and both of them it was the day after they were cleaned. I use that superstition to now avoid cleaning my cars ;)