ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cleaned the ek. new camera also.

S2000 + E91 330D
dudes,
i like posting my recent pictures of the ek up here, because a select few of you understand what awesome little cars these are..
enjoy.
4823848929_3c4c7443a6.jpg

4824505811_0cdb8651c8.jpg

4824508023_cb7d738f03.jpg

4829780989_694170a696.jpg

4844228031_3e51f36a04.jpg

4852440365_5fe3281487.jpg

4853062926_5e648c538e.jpg

ca831c85b7
4853064812_ca831c85b7.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
benen ind tow hook??

car looks nice! something special about them :) everyone always looks tiny in them though lol!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I bloody love them, I've no idea why, but I do. Even though I freely admitt I know nothing about them.

Yours looks cracking

My friend has a blue one, stripped, fast as hell, is a probably on all the forums, alex his name is.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I bloody love them, I've no idea why, but I do. Even though I freely admitt I know nothing about them.

Yours looks cracking

My friend has a blue one, stripped, fast as hell, is a probably on all the forums,**yoda mode** alex his name is.**/yoda mode**

:D

It looks incredibly clean and well looked after! A credit to you!

Other than that . . . I'll leave it there.

/Civic hater.

TTRS & V50
dudes,
i like posting my recent pictures of the ek up here, because a select few of you understand what awesome little cars these are..
Awww, that's cute.

Maximum respect, a very nice car. If the Mrs wasn't such a girl I would get one in a flash.

Where did you source yours Henry? I looked at one last week but it was a bit tatty, I need to find a mint late model.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks great mate, get some more pics up! :)

S2000 + E91 330D
Where did you source yours Henry? I looked at one last week but it was a bit tatty, I need to find a mint late model.

I just kept my eyes open for afew months, mainly checked on the ek9 forum. ended up buying one from a guy on there from banbury.. If i were you i'd drop Dunc an email - http://www.fastjapcars.com/ - he imports loads and he's the dude who imported mine before i owned it

S2000 + E91 330D
Awesome example! Looks very clean underneath too!

Cheers mate, i spent a whole weekend removing the bumpers/siderskirts and exhaust, masking her up and underspraying her. made underneath look so much more tidy and pleasant to look at..

S2000 + E91 330D
I want to respray her, as there is a very slight colour difference between a couple of panels which really annoys me, also it has a couple of scuffs on the rear bumper :( shame a respray costs like 2k :(

Charged Superleggera
looks like a tidy example mate. have you had it machine polished? if not get it done because it makes a hell of a difference and brings the colour back nicely. also is that a benen tow hook or a tegiwa one?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely mate, really love it!

Thanks for the Pictures i'm sure Turner will be along soon!

Firas how's yours?

Have you had it machine polished?

I'd have it mopped first too, you'd be surprised at the difference it can make if the car's never been done. PM Brazo on here, he's great with a machine polisher, well worth the money before thinking about paint.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I've done a few JDM's...Paint was 101 shades. Even after polishing it was poor. Clarity was restored on the most part.

Charged Superleggera
Gally it coming along well mate. I will put up a project thread up next week but its almost unrecognisable now since when dean had it. Spent almost the whole summer working on it basically. Picked up a set of forged wheels for it last month and just got my new bc racing coilovers through the door today so will hopefully get them fitted this week. Its off the road just now sitting in my garage as i still have the clio so i am using that till it sells as its a hell of alot cheaper to run than the ek9, then its going down to england for a new standalone and a mapping session. just need to find £1k to get it done lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds fantastic project wise! I keep thinking Merks is SC'd due to the sound!

So yours was standard EK9 supecharged? Can't wait to see it mate. Pm me when you fire it up.

Charged Superleggera
cheers mate yeh it was a nice base for a project. It needed tidying up when i bought it but thats what makes a good project imo. Merks is a facelift racebase model with a n/a b16b engine. I was looking at a few before i bought my one and i had a look at the one merk bought when it was up for sale in edinburugh and it was well specced especially handling wise with a cusco diff and buddyclub n1 coilovers iirc. However all ek9's are n/a b16b engined standard but my one, which is a prefacelift was supercharged in japan not long before it was imported. As far as i am aware there are 2 ek9's in the uk running the same c's supercharger set up and both were in scotland at one point. I havent driven it much since buying it in feburay which is gutting but the very few times i did, it was an absolute animal haha. im just taking my time working on it so its 100% ready for next summer when i take it to the nurburgring hopefully.

haha cheers man and will defo give you a shout when its back on the road :) .

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate, better getting it right than rushing it back, good buy and good project. :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Gally it coming along well mate. I will put up a project thread up next week but its almost unrecognisable now since when dean had it. Spent almost the whole summer working on it basically. Picked up a set of forged wheels for it last month and just got my new bc racing coilovers through the door today so will hopefully get them fitted this week. Its off the road just now sitting in my garage as i still have the clio so i am using that till it sells as its a hell of alot cheaper to run than the ek9, then its going down to england for a new standalone and a mapping session. just need to find £1k to get it done lol

mistake...

Charged Superleggera
lol take it your not a big fan of bc coilovers malice? every review i have read has been very positive and for the money they are probably the best you can buy for a civic. i have tein superstreets on at the moment but the dampening is just too harsh even at the softest setting.

LY R26
Firas' car is a beast haha, that passenger seat is taking me to the 'ring wether you like it or not haha;)

to the op, car looks mint mate, have a soft spot for these, didnt really get excited by them till i found out what they are capable or, looks like a clean example!

Charged Superleggera
Firas' car is a beast haha, that passenger seat is taking me to the 'ring wether you like it or not haha;)

to the op, car looks mint mate, have a soft spot for these, didnt really get excited by them till i found out what they are capable or, looks like a clean example!

cheers richy haha you r more than welcome to jump in with me next year if you wish. btw i got ur txt and just pm'd you but dont know if you got the message?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol take it your not a big fan of bc coilovers malice? every review i have read has been very positive and for the money they are probably the best you can buy for a civic. i have tein superstreets on at the moment but the dampening is just too harsh even at the softest setting.

tbh no lol! the superstreets arent very good but people set them up wrong, they arent height adjustable, they are preload adjustable and dampening adjustable, however people adjust the preload to lower the car, which makes them sloppy and shortens the travel in the shocks meaning the dampening is too stiff blablabla

the bc racing coil overs are the same as apex performance coilovers which i went through 2 sets of on a 200 lol! trust me you will find them stiff still lol! to give you an idea of how stiff my apex coilovers were... they didnt move, and im not joking, you could stand on the sill and bounce... the only thing that flexed was the tyres lol! jack the car up and there was no droop at all!

yes they are cheap... they allow you to lower the car and make it look nice which is perfect for hard parking, tbh unless your gonna be spending big ££ on top end stuff the standard settup is prob the best you will get...

with my rx7 i wasnt willing to go cheap after all the s**t i had before, luckily i got a set of ohlins coilovers very cheap ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, that's a common trick with the Tein SS... but it shortens the life of them drastically. lol.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
BC COilovers have a great reputation on the MLR.

A lot of track evos are runnin them now with great feedback from them, dont be put off from one persons bad experience with them as there are no reports on the MLR to say they arent up to scratch

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
there might be loads of people who love them, they are stiff as f**k and on a smooth track they are ok! on the road they are crashy as f**k...

if you went in an evo with some bc racing coilovers then went in one with some arrogosta or ohlins, coilovers you would see such a massive difference! they valves are s**t and the bodies arent valved for the different springs, just different oils used! trust me on this i spent alot of time researching suspension and i wont comment on something i know piss all about, the bc racing shocks are s**t! just like apex performance and k sport and d2 and every other f**king piece of s**t chinese b****cks that people go on about...

yes a £500 set of coilovers are cheaper than a £1000 set... however after 6months to a year of hard driving when they are leaking and you realise how s**t they are... then you have to spend another £500 out on some more, you may as well of spent 1k on a good set that wouldnt leak or break on you that you can get rebuilt and serviced in the uk cheap and easily!!

Clio 172
Its odd, i dont like ek's but fully respect the amazing setup they come with stock. Serious bits of kit

Turkish my friend imports japcars and has a fresh ek just in. Pm me if you want more info dude

Charged Superleggera
first i have heard of his malice. On almost all forums including the ek9 forum they have been getting excellent reviews especially because of their dampening. Alot of evo's, scoobs and ek9's are running these with no problems and from what people say they are great value for money. well they are in my room now so i am going to fit them anyways and see whats what. it will be intersting to compare them to the teins as the teins were amazing in terms of handling but on anything other than a smooth road they were too crashy for me. funny you should say that malice because i had the chance to buy a set of ohlins and tein type flex coilovers for less money than what i paid for the bc's but i opted for the bc coilovers instead because of the good reviews i read about them and also because bc allow you to choose what spring rates you want when you order them online.

However i was offered a straight swap for my bc's with j's racing coilovers, which retail at £3k so im tempted by them but again my only worry would be the dampening.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
they prob arent as bad as i made out, its just some peoples view of good isnt what other people call good...

give them a go and if people want them that bad im sure you will have no problem shifting them if you dont like them...

tein mono flex are one of the most comfortable shocks i have driven on tbh, tein have a bad name in the uk though down to their stupid rebuild costs... again problem with the j's is that they are designed for japanese roads or track use so they will be stiffer.... and again ohlins it depends on the model... ones i run are like 2.7k new!

im just talking from personal experience i had apex performance shocks which are the same as bc racing and had nothing but problems with them and got a bad back from them too! i remember over taking a car, went over a bump and came off the seat and hit my head on the roof!