ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned up + wheel refurb.

clio 182
Bit of an intro, I bought this car about 6-7 weeks ago after trading my focus st170 in for a family bus zafira, this left me on the lookout for something quick and interesting. I actually bought this car at an auction in Glasgow completely on a whim whilst I was looking at a zafira going through. To say the clio was in a bit of a state was a bit of an understatement, but, I looked at it as a mini project to get it back to good condition. It went through cheap enough and half an hour later was driving it home.

Known faults were exhaust blowing, wheels were really badly curbed, front bumper scuffed on both corners, interior minging and just looked generally like it had been neglected. On the way home noticed the steering was very vague, engine felt a bit 'rough', hesitant to rev and had a knock from front.

Got home and did a search and found this site, paid my money and started to gather as much info as i could and boy this sites been a goldmine of information and parts. I instantly found out that the car was overdue its belts by 1000 miles and a few months. Gulp this mini project was getting bigger!

Any way up to now It's had:
  • 2 new track rod ends
  • Full service, plugs, all filters.
  • Cambelt and aux belt kits done (courtesy of kenny brown, hillington)
  • Janspeed stainless exhaust, awesome fit and not too loud.
  • Front bumper resprayed
  • New rear light (cracked)
  • New rear discs, bearings and pads.
  • New front pads
  • Converted to cup suspension (using cup pack hubs and a nearly new set of shocks/springs)
  • New front top mounts and added washer fix.
  • alloy footrest
Ive also just had the wheels refurbed from this sorry state::rolleyes:

P1010659.jpg

to this spangly new state, there is a slight colour diff between the wheel and centre caps due to them being powdercoated, its not too noticable tho:

P1010664.jpg

And after some freak nice weather up here gave it a good clean up, polished and a couple of coats of FK1000p wax, fitted the alloy footrest, gave the calipers a lick of hammerite, painted the bullets (not perfect but look quite good, and this is how it currently looks:

P1010663.jpg

P1010665.jpg

P1010670.jpg

P1010671.jpg

P1010672.jpg

P1010675.jpg

Its in for MOT on Mon so fingers crossed for that. Would like to add a front splitter but my drive is really steep and would catch, might be alright with a flexible on but not a cup one. Also would like a cup spoiler at some point but not many about!!

Cheers for looking!

Steve